MSCVP100.dll is missing - Origin.exe

by smansour519

Original Post

Re: MSCVP100.dll is missing - Origin.exe

★★★ Newbie

Yes, following the January 2018 update of Visual C++ Redistribution on 2012, 2013 and 2015 versions, I got the same issue.

Impossible to start Origin nor Mass Effect anymore.

Re-installing Origin also fails because of this issue.

So what is the real fix? Rollbacking the Windows update is not an option!

Thanks

Message 61 of 73 (2,349 Views)

Gonna point again that the file is found in the Visual C++ redist 2010. So you need that one present on your PC. As MS blocked the installation of the older Visual C++ redist starting with 2012, you may need to uninstall all the Visual C++ redist (found in Control Panel, Programs and Features tab). 

Then you will have to reinstall them in order. How to geek has a nice guide how to do that.

Visual C++ 2017 can be found here

I have all the Visual C++ redistributables installed in Windows 10 (blame MS for not making a cumulative installer and not having backwards compatibility) and that means both x86 and x64 versions. Also, the old .net Framework redistributables are present and even some old Direct X versions (9c , 10 and 11). Which means that i can play pretty much most of the old games, without headaches. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 62 of 73 (2,331 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Had this problem for ages, tried reinstalling the other stuff. I uninstalled the 2017 and that actually fixed it for me, just removed it completely now it works, and haven't had any problems with games running so. Don't know if this will work for you, but like I said, i tried so many things and yeah, just deleting that worked for me. Good luck fixing your problem o7

Message 63 of 73 (2,290 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this same problem today. After searching the web I stumbled on a solution, so I'm sharing it. No downloading necessary. No un/re installing. Simply hit START on your cpu then, hit settings. (It's right above the POWER button) Next, go to APPS&FEATURES and scroll down to whichever Microsoft Visual C++ is giving you the error code. Lastly, click the Microsoft Visual C++ version and hit MODIFY. After that a option to repair that version should appear/popup. Remember to repair both x86 & x64 if you are using a x64-bit. Once you do that you shouldn't have any problems. 

How to figure out which Microsoft Visual C++ Is Giving the ERROR:

• MSVCR80.dll belongs to Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
  • MSVCR90.dll belongs  to Microsoft Visual C++ 2008
  • MSVCR100.dll belongs to Microsoft Visual C++ 2010
  • MSVCR110.dll belongs to Microsoft Visual C++ 2012
  • MSVCR120.dll belongs to Microsoft Visual C++ 2013
  • MSVCR140.dll belongs to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015

You can also check out this link (https://crinrict.com/blog/2014/09/missing-dll-msvcpxxx-dll-2.html) It really explains it and has more options to try without un/re installing.

Message 64 of 73 (2,230 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine keeps saying its failed. I've installed it, uninstalled it, restarted my laptop, and even went to my control panel and deleted it from there. It still not working for me. 

Message 65 of 73 (1,894 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Been having this problem for days, read this and downloaded it. Fixed straight away. THANK YOU!!!
Message 66 of 73 (1,810 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unfortunately I had this happen to me a year ago, and I did EVERYTHING on ALL issues to the extent and beyond. After a couple days i gave up(Yes I did everything to my OS in many hours) hoping Origin would completely change their installer. A year later I gave it a shot one more time. Nothing changed. Origin Access with Apex Legends is a far reality for me and 1 other local friend of mine. I wish Apex Legends had a independent installer. Steam it has always been and other independent installer games it will be. 

Impossible Errors to get around:

MSCVP100.dll is missing

and/or

Error 0xc000007b

Message 67 of 73 (1,605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@AlwaysSimplyM3This worked perfectly - nothing else had worked. Thank you so much, I am hugely grateful. [I am running Windows 7.]

Incredible that no-one from EA was able to provide this simple info. Reading this thread I suspect loads of people have ended their subscriptions over this.

Message 68 of 73 (1,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Dr-Husqa what file is that im having the same problem helppp meee
Message 69 of 73 (897 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just want to add the solution that worked for me on here:

Going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433...

and downloading the latest x86 and x64 version then restarting. This solved it running the 20h2 version of Windows 10

Message 70 of 73 (806 Views)