[M+KB] cannot remap roll to mouse

by Diego5194

Original Post

[M+KB] cannot remap roll to mouse

★★★ Novice

Hello everyone, 

I installed the game yesterday. It's gorgeous, but there is a detail that makes me not to enjoy the game as I would like to. I am used to flight controls like the one in elite: dangerous, where the roll is set to the mouse axis and the yaw is set to the a/d keys. I have tried to remap roll and yaw, but it seems I cannot change any mouse mapping. Is there any way to remap roll to the mouse axis?

Message 1 of 9 (612 Views)

Re: [M+KB] cannot remap roll to mouse

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

You're not alone my friend.  A lot of people are complaining about this on here and various other forums. 

I can't even really play multiplayer, not competitively anyways.   I'm so used to using Roll/Pitch with the mouse that its become muscle memory and I end up pressing the wrong inputs while dogfighting.  Wicked frustrating. 

I also play ED and others with the same input.   Probably one of the best games for M/K controls for space combat is House of the Dying Sun. 

Message 2 of 9 (591 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

They are refusing to even acknowledge the woeful mouse controls support.  

Message 3 of 9 (568 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thats * to be honest. Everyone else can change the controls the way they want. why cant I

Message 4 of 9 (552 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep! This is the FIRST thing I tried to do in the game as I play a lot of E:D too. Don't quite understand the decision taken to not allow rebinding the roll axis Frown

Message 5 of 9 (533 Views)

★★ Novice

Lol! So I thought I'd attempt to use my X56 pro HOTAS. The game didn't seem to have the same restrictions about rebinding yaw to another axis, so I thought great, I'll use my stick instead - it just wouldn't recognise any input from any axis on  my stick and now somehow, the THROTTLE forward and backward is bound to roll left and right. Genius! Took me a while to figure out why the room kept spinning (and it's not what you think!)

Message 6 of 9 (512 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Definitely is not natural! As an Aircraft Mechanic I can tell you that pitch/roll are in the same control system. I have played many space sim games and is the way they are designed, if not, you can remap the controls. Hope, they prioritize this issue in their Known Issues. 

Message 7 of 9 (496 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Diego5194 I kind of got round this by mapping A / D to middle mouse button left and right swipe. If your mouse has that function. Most gaming mice do.
Message 8 of 9 (487 Views)

★★★ Novice

What they need to do is actually answer one of these posts instead of ignoring us. So many people are complaining and yet they comment of every other post except for the ones complaining about m and k controls. If they dont have an answer or have no plans for a fix. they need to say something so I can refund the damn game and get off these damn forums instead of checking daily for an answer. We are being ignored

Message 9 of 9 (468 Views)