Re: Lower FPS since update

by cyberfredcobra

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

When I first installed this game back when it was first released (I pre-ordered it) I would get 120-140 FPS average during game play. It would never drop below 120 FPS but would hang at 140 for most scenes (menu would be 200-210 FPS). ULTRA settings, 3440x1440 @ 59.97 Hz Dell U3415W monitor.

My specs are:

RTX 2080 Ti,

Threadripper 2950X,

32 GB DDR4-3200 CL14,

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB NVME Game drive

Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB NVME OS/ boo drive.

With each update my framerate slowly drops... up till recently my framerate runs around 80 FPS. Today's update now renders my framerate at 20 FPS in Menu and 11 FPS in game. WTH????????

I play this game pretty much every single day. I've updated my Video Drivers (making sure to use DDU before installing new drivers). This game is totally hosed at the moment. Short of uninstalling the game entirely (which isn't really an option for someone who only has a 25 mbs DSL connection.

So what's up EA/Dice? Do you need someone to QA this stuff for you? I've work in the software business for over 20 years and in game development & publishing for over 5. Surely in that time period I've released bugs into production due to improper QA but the level of issues you guys have with this game is systemic to the shear lack of quality or care overall. It's disappointing. I really do root for you guys - shoot I own 4 copies of this game but seriously help us out, will ya!?

Message 11 of 20 (1,276 Views)

★ Guide

I believe update are not tested before release Frown

last update completely broke my game , I really hope a fix soon

Message 12 of 20 (1,246 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@raytrace3d 

We have pretty much the same PC specs and I have the same issues as you. My game also used to run at 100+FPS in 3840 x 2160 with all settings on Ultra before the Felucia update, then after that I could barely even get a solid 50FPS along with constant game crashes. Now after this recent update my game also runs at about 10FPS. I also used to play this quite often, but I haven't even been able to play since September because the performance was just so bad, but now it is literally unplayable. I've posted about this issue a few times now and two updates later the issues still aren't resolved. Really annoying considering I paid for a game I can't even play anymore.

Message 13 of 20 (1,195 Views)

★★★ Novice

@HUSHHSUH 

Yeah dude, this sucks... I ended up switching from DX12 to DX11 and the framerate issues are almost completely gone. My framerate at ULTRA is around 70 FPS and if I set it to LOW I get 175-200 FPS average. Game looks horrible but the framerates are back up to competitive levels. This was advice someone in my group gave me as I didn't even realize I could switch to DX11. It looks like no one at DICE tests in DX12. Give it a try and see if that helps your situation too.

Message 14 of 20 (1,188 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@raytrace3d 

Yeah I haven't actually touched the game since witnessing the horrible state it's in at the moment, but I might have to try it. I figured switching to DX11 might make it playable, but honestly it should just work both ways. DX12 is much better with performance so I would rather not have to resort to an inferior interface. With luck they're hopefully at least aware of this issue by now.

Message 15 of 20 (1,173 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Since last update MASSIVE FPS loss!

Used to play with all maxed out (DX12) on Ultra with ROCKSTABLE 60FPS @ ~60%GPU load

NOW: Max 6-10FPS, 100% GPU load, super stutter and sometimes even crashes

Latest Nvidia Driver is installed.

specs: i7 7800xx-2070 RTX-32GB RAM-SSDs-WIN10

Message 16 of 20 (1,107 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @xBRAN wee has seen in the past that clearing Document folder for SWBF2 can help some performance issues.

/Atic 

Message 17 of 20 (1,048 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Tried it...helped a lttle. Game still runs extremely slow...now at 20-40 fps...GPU still at 100% (water cooled, not overheating).

It did not run that bad any time before. Was RTX enabled on NVIDIA cards?

Message 18 of 20 (1,018 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

this update only made it worse now, i was playing some HvV and on jabba map / cloud city it was stuttering with fps drops which i never had before!

is respawn even aware of this? has anyone managed to fix this on their own?

thanks for the responses.

Message 19 of 20 (1,009 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You COMPLETELY broke the game and you FORCED the update on me.  Why would you do that?  I want my money back...

Message 20 of 20 (953 Views)