Low fps and game crashing on xbox series x

by babaluk

Original Post

Re: Low fps and game crashing on xbox series x

★ Apprentice

It would be nice to hear that EA is at least still looking into what’s causing this. 

Message 31 of 47 (994 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Lilgamevil Yeah it would. Otherwise it seems like they don’t care. Especially when the EA help people are saying there’s no issue with the game.
Message 32 of 47 (976 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm on One S and also have frame rate drops to maybe 20 FPS under certain circumstances. 

Message 33 of 47 (947 Views)

EA Codemasters Team

Hi all, quick question for Xbox Series X|S players: Are you playing the game through Quick Resume after switching the console off for a while?

If you are, try fully quitting from the game and then restarting it, and see if that helps.

Message 34 of 47 (922 Views)

★★★ Novice

No I quit the game when I’m finished playing cause when I do quick resume I find my steering wheel has no ffb! I’m using a Logitech g920! I’ve reinstalled the game to see if that helps but it didn’t let me play for about half an hour before crashing! Don’t really want to play it till there’s a fix as I don’t want it to screw up my Xbox!!

Message 35 of 47 (909 Views)

★★ Novice

Always fully close the game and do a full shutdown when I power the console off as quick resume normally messes up all games. I thought it may be that on the first shutdown but have had multiple since taking these precautions. Like others I'm worried that one of these shutdowns will kill my console so haven't played it for a few days now in fear of it ruining my console.

Message 36 of 47 (896 Views)

EA Codemasters Team

Thanks for the feedback; the issue is still with our team at the moment but once we have news of fixes we'll pass it on.

Message 37 of 47 (865 Views)

★ Apprentice
@PJTierneyCM So you guys are trying to find a fix? Any ETA? I really enjoy the game and want to play it a ton, just sucks that the crashing is preventing me from doing that.
Message 38 of 47 (866 Views)

EA Codemasters Team

@BrDodd22 wrote:
@PJTierneyCM So you guys are trying to find a fix? Any ETA? I really enjoy the game and want to play it a ton, just sucks that the crashing is preventing me from doing that.
  • We are investigating and looking to resolve this as soon as possible.
  • No ETA at this time I'm afraid, any updates we'll share them here though.
Message 39 of 47 (833 Views)

★ Apprentice

I found a post about this on Reddit and the person seemed to believe it was caused by a bad save file. I didn’t understand how it could be that if it was occurring mid-race. But anyway, I deleted my save file and synced it back to the cloud. Played it for over an hour without crashing. We’ll see if it holds, but might be worth a try.

Message 40 of 47 (807 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help