Low fps and game crashing on xbox series x

by babaluk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Low fps and game crashing on xbox series x

★★★★ Apprentice

Problem 1: Some races will drop lots of frames and slow down to a crawl. 

Problem 2: My xbox series x has shut off completely in the middle of races several times including today.  One minute I'm racing the next I hear a short loud buzzzzz and then the xbox shuts off.  This has never happened playing any other game. 

Today both problems happened while in single player races.  The multiplayer races today went off with no issues.

I've also had days with no framerate or crash issues.

Message 1 of 47 (3,657 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Low fps and game crashing on xbox series x

EA Codemasters Team

Hello everyone, 

In order to help the dev team further identify the causes of crashes, they've asked me to pass on a few questions.

Feel free to report in the following thread with as much info as you can, thank you.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Xbox-Series-X-S-Crashes-Info-Requested-from-Dev-Team/td-p...

View in thread

Message 44 of 47 (4,982 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
@babaluk I'm having the same problem. Yesterday it didn't happen but today i've been making progress in career and just now the xbox series X shut down. I had this happen a number of times already probably a dozen in total.

Also having the same issue with low fps or massive fps drops, it is especially noticeable when it is raining and there are lots of cars in front of you for example, than it looks like its running at like 20 fps.
Message 2 of 47 (3,585 Views)

EA Codemasters Team

Hey folks, we're looking to release a patch later this week that addresses some crashes. Once this goes live, it would be good to see if you're still having issues. 

Do you know if the framerate/crashes you're getting are after booting the game with Quick Resume?

Message 3 of 47 (3,578 Views)

★ Guide
@CM_TGK Regarding the first part of your message I sincerely hope it will resolve this issue. It is really annoying and ruins the enjoyment of the game. Played for like 4 hours today and had 3 shut downs of my console.

The second part I can answer for myself and that is NO. As I launch the game fresh I do not use quick resume feature very often. Hope that helps
Message 4 of 47 (3,573 Views)

EA Codemasters Team

Hey all, the patch is now live. Once you have updated, please let us know if you're still having these issues.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 47 (3,528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@CM_TGKThanks for the patch, most changes are welcomed. Sadly, I have to inform that this patch has not solved this issue for me as i've just experienced console shut down after roughly 2 hours of playing Grid Legends.

edit: another console shut down a while later. Now, another shut down of the console happened. So all in all this is getting extremely annoying Frown Not only i've lost all the progress during these races where the console just switched off but it is getting really frustrating that I can't enjoy a game I bought on a high-end console that is the best on the market. Please do something about this, and also I believe all of us affected by this inconvenient issue should be in some way compensated in game. Looking forward for your reply.

Message 6 of 47 (3,504 Views)

★★ Novice

Have updated the game today and I'm still having the Xbox shutdown issue. Was playing online with a friend in private lobbies for almost 2 hours. Was about to race in the rookie cup class around London. Before the patch mine would sometimes shutdown in under 10 minutes so has improved some what but im still running into the problem. 

Message 7 of 47 (3,494 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also still experiencing hard crashes on my Series X even after today’s patch. I like the game but may have to stop playing it as I’m concerned it may do long term damage to my console.

Message 8 of 47 (3,476 Views)

★ Apprentice

Is there any possibility that the 120 FPS could be one reason it crashes? I like high FPS but if it’s causing overheating and crashes , I can live with 60 FPS. There’s no way to turn it off currently but maybe something to think about.

Right now, the game is unplayable.

Message 9 of 47 (3,470 Views)

Still crashing the console...

★ Apprentice

So after the update it's still switching off the Xbox X mid race. I'm not using the quick resume features and I've found no matter how the Xbox is set makes no difference. Legends is the only one that does this. Sometimes it'll let you do a block of races then die or others it'll take 5 attempts to do one race series

Message 10 of 47 (3,366 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help