Re: Low fps and disconects due to EasyAntiCheat

by Just_GetGood_L0L

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Low fps and disconects due to EasyAntiCheat

★★★★★ Apprentice

Won't put my specs here, just say that previosly I had average 100fps. I also tried all possible solutions (reinstalling, deleting anticheat and repairing the game, getting latest driver, getting 436.15 nvidia driver, etc.) it didn't help. I checked my PC and internet connection with all tools and in other games, everything runs smooth.

I triend setting anti-cheat proccess priority to "low" while in game. I can now select my character without disconecting and play the game with 1-15fps.

The issue is clearly the EasyAntiCheat, does anyone have something in mind? Other people still play the game, so I don't believe EA or Respawn will do something about it.

The problem itself appeared out of nowhere, 1-2days right after Voidwalker event has ended. I didn't install any new programs, drivers etc.

Message 1 of 224 (20,250 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I tried to run the game on: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 Pro/LTSB/Home/insider preview, but nothing helped.
Many times I restored the game, many times it downloads again...

But I found a solution:

1. Close Apex and Origin.

2. Delete this:
  -Folder %appdata%/EasyAntiCheat
  -Folder EasyAntiCheat in game folder
  -File EasyAntiCheat_launcher.exe and EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll in game folder

3. Run Origin and repair Apex.

4. Run EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe from Game_Folder/EasyAntiCheat/
    and now a little magic:
      select 7 Days To die
      select back Apex
      click Repair Service text (left side)

It seems that the anti-cheat installer incorrectly selects the game for which it is installed. In С:\Program Files (x86)\EasyAntiCheat the correct exe file with anti-cheat from 19.08 should appear (remember when it all started?). For the lazy I will attach correct eac files in this message (just copy it to С:\Program Files (x86)\EasyAntiCheat).

5. Run Apex and enjoy

The mystery is easily solved.

Sorry for my bad English.

[Removed Google Drive link - Please share official EAC site to link users - CM]

View in thread

Message 152 of 224 (31,713 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I noticed the drop in performance after 09-13 patch aswell, it's crippled my fps in the dropship from constant 144fps to mere 45fps and constant stutter (even at an empty area) whenever I set texture higher than 2GB of Vram
Note: the model detail setting is either bugged or force at high

Message 2 of 224 (20,012 Views)

★ Guide
@Riider_Agito exactly. i have the SAME problems.
Message 3 of 224 (19,903 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have tried solution offered by here. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Framerate-drop-after-update/m-p/8222321#M51461

It didn't help. It looks like Activision made a move to * Apex so everyone would play their new Call of Duty game. Large smile

Message 4 of 224 (19,860 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same.. cant get over 20fps with a 1660ti... my integrated gpu can get 60fps in this game so its not that. ive tried literally everything. am cry

Message 5 of 224 (19,808 Views)

★★ Novice

It's fixed for me after 3 days of unplayable framerate, didn't do anything. My framerate is also much higher in training mode.

Message 6 of 224 (19,463 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
@TeamBalancer9000 This is not the case for me, nor several of the people I play with. The issues seem to be intermittent.

Possibility: Memory leak. The fps drops seem to get worse and more frequent the longer the game is open. This could be a placebo however.

Ultimately Respawn needs to make sure this is patched for Season 3's release next week.
Message 7 of 224 (18,968 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Riider_Agito   I am experiencing the exact same thing.  There is a way to edit a config file to change the model detail.  You can google it.  Couple videos on YouTube.

I've tried social media, silence.  Nothing.  I haven't seen a response to the issues here either.  Obviously something is up.

Message 8 of 224 (18,848 Views)

★★ Novice

I got lucky then, I don't think it's a memory leak since my memory usage remained reasonable and the lower fps bug happened immediately after opening the game and going into training/normal mode. I'm really curious to know how many people have been affected by this at some points though.

Message 9 of 224 (18,761 Views)

★ Guide
@TeamBalancer9000 Basically every player I meet and play daily has this FPS problem. This is REALLY exhausting, many have already uninstalled the game since there is no solution, or rather since the devs don't give a damn.
Message 10 of 224 (18,748 Views)