Re: Low Gpu Usage and fps drops only in Apex

by TheRealStjepan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Low Gpu Usage and fps drops only in Apex

★★ Novice

Since ~1 1/2 days ago I My GPU is barely used (~30-40%) while playing Apex. (Used to be 95-100%) But only when there is a lot on the screen. In the Menu the fps are fine, also when I look straight into the ground the usage goes up to around 80% again. The temperatures don't change in the different scenarios. This only happens in Apex, every other game uses the GPU normally.
The CPU Usage is usually around 50%. 

Specs:

FX 8300 
16GB DDR3 1600mhz Ram
Rx 470 8gb
21.3.2 Driver (updated to it today, problem persisted)

Message 1 of 4 (7,023 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I finally found a fix for the Issue.
For me, it was caused by an Issue with windows updates. In the update history, there was an update which wouldn't install. This Thread:

After doing what is said in the Thread I ran into an Issue with Battleeye and I had to use Windows Media Creation Tool to update the Computer, since there wasn't an update available. This might take ~1h.

With the Computer updated, the game worked as normal again.

Hope this helps someone.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (6,933 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice
@TheRealStjepan I have been having this problem recently too. Never had any issues before. AMD Ryzen 3700x and Radeon 6800xt. Let me know if you find a solution.
Message 2 of 4 (6,990 Views)

★★ Novice

I finally found a fix for the Issue.
For me, it was caused by an Issue with windows updates. In the update history, there was an update which wouldn't install. This Thread:

After doing what is said in the Thread I ran into an Issue with Battleeye and I had to use Windows Media Creation Tool to update the Computer, since there wasn't an update available. This might take ~1h.

With the Computer updated, the game worked as normal again.

Hope this helps someone.

Message 3 of 4 (6,934 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did the fix on this thread fix your issue??

Message 4 of 4 (4,336 Views)