Low GPU/CPU usage with low FPS

by Tomiss13

Original Post

Low GPU/CPU usage with low FPS

★★★★ Novice

Hi guys, any advice what to do? 35-45 FPS while CPU and GPU usage is this low? Changing graphics makes almost no difference, only if I raise resolution scale to 150%, GPU load rises above 95%. Otherwise there is a slight change in loads when I switch between visual presets, but not in FPS. I have no problems in other games. When my FPS drop below 60, there is always CPU or GPU load at 98%, so there is a reason to drop. But not in Heat, whichj is just ridiculous. I don't know what to do. I tried a lot of guides like optimizing settings, tweaking Nvidia Control Panel, clearing Origin cache, repairing the game... Nothing worked. But it's even worse now. My game runs at 20-25 FPS on every preset. Low/Medium/High/Ultra make ABSOLUTELY no difference. Need to say I was able to run it at 45-55 FPS few weeks ago...

i5 8400
GTX 1060 6 GB
16 GB RAM
Asus Strix B360-G Gaming
Resolution: 2560x1080
Installed on Samsung SSD

nfsheat2.jpg

Message 1 of 3 (1,333 Views)

Re: Low GPU/CPU usage with low FPS

★ Guide

Howdy Tomiss13:

I'm having almost the same thing with my game after the update 1.5.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Update-1-5-Killed-my-FPS-any-Resolution/m-p/8536758#M3... 

I just don't know how to check the CPU/GPU usage when I go to load the game.

Hopefully Ghost/EA can get his fixed in the next update.

My Game is UNPLAYABLE in this state.

Later

Alowgo

Message 2 of 3 (1,302 Views)

Re: Low GPU/CPU usage with low FPS

★★★★ Novice

You can download MSI Afterburner + Riva Tuner. If you go on MSI Afterburner site and download it from there, Riva Tuner is automatically in the package. Then you can monitor whatever usage or temperature you want. ;-) 

For the FPS cause, I could get to 40 FPS in average, where level of detail almost doesn't matter. All I did was changing the settings in Nvdidia Control Panel for NFS heat .exe, and I changed my BIOS settings for maximum performance. (There is an option for it together with energy saving mode and "Auto".)

Message 3 of 3 (1,270 Views)