Re: Low FPS with Ryzen & 1060

by PloxTheFox

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

@The_Tibber wrote:

Ideally this is what you should be getting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_0QhZY-sEs

If it were poorly optimised then a similar result would happen.

What storage device are you using for your apex instilation?

Let check over some settings that may not be right in Nvidia control panel.

Right click your desktop and open Nvidia control panel; navigate to manage 3D settings the the program settings tab,

then in the drop box look for apex legends.

In the list of settings select and change them like so:

Power management settings = Prefer maximum performance

Shader cache = enable

Threaded optimisation = on

Another thing to check:

press the win key and type power; open the power and sleep settings then click additional power setting to the right.

next to the power plan you have selected click the change plan settings, then Change advanced power settings.

under hard disk expand the boxes and set the minutes to 0.

Then PCI Express and set the setting to off.

under processor power management set everything to 100% and active.

Apply the settings and see if there is any improvement.

while in the drop ship your FPS will differ compared to on the ground its just the way it is in BR.

Try this, just incase a rootkit is taking resources: https://www.malwarebytes.com/antirootkit/

Locate your games files and right click r5apex.exe, then open properties, click compatability and  tick full screen optimisations and apply.

When you open apex could you open your task manager, click more details in the bottom left and expand the window a bit so we can see more of the list and post a screen cap here.

yes I already had this settings like you are suggesting on both of my pc and laptop, on that video is an old version of apex when everything was fine, since all the map changes and new patches came the optimization of the game just got worst and worst ! 

Message 21 of 31 (671 Views)

Champion

Cool just forwarding some checks from EA staff:

Did you transfer your old drive to the new system instead of a new OS install?

Are your temps okay while gaming?

I can help you get temp info on your PC if you don't know how.

Message 22 of 31 (660 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@The_Tibber wrote:

Cool just forwarding some checks from EA staff:

Did you transfer your old drive to the new system instead of a new OS install?

Are your temps okay while gaming?

I can help you get temp info on your PC if you don't know how.

temps fine, this pc was also gpu/cpu stress tested by the company I got it from, they are pretty professional about this stuff, no I haven't transferred the drives, can we see your dxdiag also some video records of your game play (fps on screen) while throwing a thermite grenade ( stay very close to it ) or the new containment area on the map ?!? show us your in game settings, nvidia control panel settings!  

Message 23 of 31 (657 Views)

Champion

Looking at it yeah that does kill fps a lot.

Ill see what i can do to let them know.

Message 24 of 31 (635 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@The_Tibber wrote:

Looking at it yeah that does kill fps a lot.

Ill see what i can do to let them know.

see what we are talking about?!!? … and that is in training (if you tested that in training), imagine how is on a actual server … as there are other things which makes everything 10 times worst!

Message 25 of 31 (629 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Tried all the settings you listed, still same performance

Heres the task manager while in game.

Message 26 of 31 (620 Views)

Champion

Alright, @Sp4ceb4lls  if you notice any FPS drops report it in bug report section: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/apex-legends-bug-reports-en

Make note of where the FPS drop occured or what caused it.

Be sure to mention that you have no issues with your system or software confilcts etc so others know everything is okay your end.

Bug reports are issues with the game itself and technical is user issues, once done other users will post that they have the same issue.

This will also create a refrence for staff to forward to Respawn and progress from there.

@Rekkuuza8  @Sp4ceb4lls 

BTW is your apex game files stored on a SSD or faster or is it a mechanical HDD?

Message 27 of 31 (589 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have it on my SSD, however I tried both my HDD and SSD and that didn't change anything.

Message 28 of 31 (573 Views)

Champion

Hmm not much else i can think of.

Post a Bug report about poor FPS drops with recent updatesand use this video as a comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_0QhZY-sEs

This video was posted on feb and the difference in your experience between updates is obvious.

Mention your specs and forward this post so others know what fixes you have tried to avoid a repeat of this.

This way its a issue with the game post and staff can be aware of the issue.

Message 29 of 31 (561 Views)

★ Novice

It has been like this for many people lately, as of right after the last patch my game started tripping as well... It worked perfectly fine before the patch, now I am stuck on a 60-70 fps when walking/looting and on 40 fps when in fights. Whilst that used to be steady around 140-150 for me. So I do not think it has something to do with a single persons game nor computer settings at the moment, but something got messed up for people right after the latest patch.

Message 30 of 31 (553 Views)