Re: Low FPS with Ryzen & 1060

by Rekkuuza8

Original Post

Low FPS with Ryzen & 1060

★★★ Novice

When I hop into training mode I get a solid 80-144 FPS, then when I head into a normal apex game my fps starts tanking. ALWAYS 20 FPS in the plane no matter the settings, and fluctuating FPS from 144-40 fps when I'm playing. Walking around depending on the area I might get 60-80 fps, however during gun fights my fps drops to 30-40, which makes it hard to aim since its so choppy. Comparing it to other people that have the same setup but get better fps I was wondering what could be the problem so I hope I can get an answer here.

All settings on low, and vsync off. I've reinstalled windows twice and still the same result. 

Graphic Drivers up to date, and BIOS up to date.

SPECS: EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, RYZEN 5 2600, CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR4 16GB 3000MHZ RAM.

Message 1 of 31 (898 Views)

Champion

Hai,

Lets do some checks with the system and see where we can go from there.

1: Could you check that you have the physical power connectors connected to the GPU if they have any?

2: Try a clean reinstall of the driver and update checks; Redownload the latest driver from here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Then download and install this: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Click the clean and restart option, once done restart your system.

Once your back right click the windows button and open device manager, expand the display adaptors section and right click the adaptor in that section and choose to look for updates.

Do the same for everything in the disk drive section, the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, storage controllers and system devices. (if prompted to restart please do so before the next step)

Install your GPU driver that you downloaded earlier.

3: Press the Win key and type cmd, then run command prompt as admin.

type: sfc /scannow and press enter.

Your Dxdiag shows memory leak errors across a few programs on your system, the update checks on the device manager usually dont need updating often but this kind of issue calls for it.

Let me know how it goes!

Message 2 of 31 (851 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tried all three steps, although I didn't quite understand the first step, and still no changes to performance.

I got a message after I did step 3 that said Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them, For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the \OFFLOGFILE flag.

Other than that no performance improved.

Message 3 of 31 (828 Views)

Champion

Step 1 was to check the power connectors are connected to your GPU as 10 series GPU clocks are based on howm much power can be supplied to them and if your GPU did not have enough power to run properly it can cause reduced performance.

Step 3 is something we need to resolve as that can impact your performance aswell.

Lets open CMD again and type:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Then do sfc /scannow again and see if it either was able to fix the corruption or no issues found.

Message 4 of 31 (798 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The power connectors are connected to the GPU.

The CMD Line you send has fixed sfc /scannow and now no issues are shown.

However it didn't fix the low performance I was still getting in game. 

Message 5 of 31 (786 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I have an i5 9600k rtx2060 32gb ram and still get a lot of fps drops in different areas of the map or when too many people shooting in same place and I just purchased this pc because I thought my old pc i5 8300h 1050ti 16gb ram was too weak for this game ( I had same issues fps drops in same situations with this one too ) … I don t think has anything to do with our pcs the game is very bad optimized 

here is my dxdiag

all my in game settings are low to none just tsaa on

Message 6 of 31 (775 Views)

Champion

Okay, hmm how much vram have you set for apex?

Message 7 of 31 (760 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Everything is on low just tsaa on 

Message 8 of 31 (756 Views)

★★★ Novice

Everything on the lowest it can be as well as 1600x900 resolution

Message 9 of 31 (742 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Rekkuuza8 wrote: