Low FPS and how I resolved my issue, NVidia

by WellEquipped

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Low FPS and how I resolved my issue, NVidia

★ Novice

had FPS issues with a new install on Win10 (Updated) using a GTX 980.  so purchased a new 2080. Still had the issue.  

At this point I had to start digging into what was going on without trying to debug DX or the Drivers.  I don't have time for that.  Anyway,  I removed BF5 and Origin, then reinstalled

THIS WORKED!!!!  Not sure how, as I had previously did a repair.

Yesterday it started all over again.. went from 95 FPS down to 10 FPS.

After yet another remove/Install still had the problem.  NVidia released new drivers so updated those,  then again today with a newer version (417.22)

Problem still there..  After getting thoroughly frustrated,  I went back to work... Then it hit me.  I had re-enabled Intel virtualization and re-enabled Hyper-V.  As this is likely NOT related, I didn't bother with it at first.  Then I decided to disable Intel virtualization but left Hyper-V.  of course Hyper-V won't work,  but I wanted to see if BF5 was back to normal.  Sure enough it was.

This was an interesting find.  So I tested it several more times with and without Virtualization.  Each time virtualization was disabled BF5 had GREAT FPS!  

So,  if you running an Intel CPU  (i7-i9),  check your BIOS and DISABLE "Intel Virtualization"  Support.  During testing I did notice with Virtualization enabled CPU was 20-30% higher during BF5 (apprx 75-85%) AND network traffic seemed poor.  I haven't measure yet. 

Plan to do more detailed Win trace, as well as network caps to see how this is impacting my BF5.  IF possible will do a kernel dump and take a look.

Message 1 of 3 (669 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Low FPS and how I resolved my issue MORE DETAIL

Community Manager

@WellEquipped

Thanks for posting.

I do want to add a word of warning to other players who may attempt this...please only make changes in your BIOS if you are somewhat confident in what steps you are taking as it is possible to make a real mess of things if you are not careful, proceed at your own risk.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (641 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I should also point out that during my testing campaign was performing just fine. Only Multiplayer demonstrated the low FPS

Message 2 of 3 (667 Views)

Community Manager

@WellEquipped

Thanks for posting.

I do want to add a word of warning to other players who may attempt this...please only make changes in your BIOS if you are somewhat confident in what steps you are taking as it is possible to make a real mess of things if you are not careful, proceed at your own risk.

barry.png
Message 3 of 3 (642 Views)