Lost the voice actor descriptions in online gameplay?

by dbg62

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lost the voice actor descriptions in online gameplay?

★ Novice

I seem to have lost the voice actor descriptions in online gameplay.

The other game sounds are fine, just the voice descriptions at the start and during each game phase have gone.

I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Same thing.

Is there an option to turn these off and on somewhere? I've tried looking but couldn't see anything...…….

Thanks

Message 1 of 3 (368 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lost the voice actor descriptions in online gameplay?

★ Novice

Hi

You were right. It was a driver problem.

I had previously had a look at the audio drivers in Device Manager, but everything looked OK. Nothing flagged as a problem.

After reading your post I had a closer look.

I noticed that the HD Audio driver was listed as Windows HD Audio Driver and not Realtek HD Audio Driver (for my motherboard).

I uninstalled the driver, rebooted, manually installed the Realtek driver and now the voice actor descriptions are working again!

All fixed!

What a strange problem. I guess a recent Windows update must have somehow overwritten the Realtek audio driver.

Many thanks for your help!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (304 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @dbg62

I'm afraid there's no such option in the game's setting to turn off just this particular audio Oops

However you might still want to toggle the audio settings in general to see if there will be any change. Also make sure that your audio drivers are up to date.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 3 (314 Views)

★ Novice

Hi

You were right. It was a driver problem.

I had previously had a look at the audio drivers in Device Manager, but everything looked OK. Nothing flagged as a problem.

After reading your post I had a closer look.

I noticed that the HD Audio driver was listed as Windows HD Audio Driver and not Realtek HD Audio Driver (for my motherboard).

I uninstalled the driver, rebooted, manually installed the Realtek driver and now the voice actor descriptions are working again!

All fixed!

What a strange problem. I guess a recent Windows update must have somehow overwritten the Realtek audio driver.

Many thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 3 (305 Views)