Lost progress

by 1UnicycleAce

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lost progress

★★ Novice

I lost progress and currency due to a mistake in the linking of accounts. I have been in contact with EA help about the issue. 

The thing is the tech support don't seem to understand how the progress was lost. They just keep saying to link account! 

So heres the thing, if you reset the game data and go through the tutorial then go to link account it will take you to a screen that said "select an account" This device - other device. Once selected it will say "use this account" and at the bottom "progress from your other account will be lost" - This was the mistake made by me trying to switch accounts for a friend. Now it seems the EA tech look at these accounts as still active as linked to an account but the link is directing to a different account now. 

So as for my case with EA tech, he couldn't get account back but he said he could do a one time transfer of my purchases to my new account. The problem while experimenting with how the login thing works I overwrite the account that I had "warning progress will be lost" When I created the help ticket. So after getting screenshots of all the purchases in line he did the transfer BUT to a account that link is broken... I sent more messages and he said he could make an exception to the one time transfer. I would have to create a new help ticket while in the new account im playing to ensure it's sent to the right spot. He set the case to resolved and I made a new help ticked and tried to explain the issue but I keep getting short answers. I know that I should be eligible for a transfer I have the email still from last contact with Christian B. I can't get back to him as it seems hes the only tech familiar with my situation here.

My most recent message said that the developers are working hard to fix an issue and that I would have to wait... 

What's the best way to correspond with the EA help about this issue? 

I would like to note that im only typing this because I really lime the game but am having a fundamental problem with ever making a purchase unless this one can be resolved. 

P.s. I spent over 1G on pokemon go. Dont let your customer's down I only spent $25 and I have buyer's remorse.

Message 1 of 8 (1,138 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lost progress

EA Live QV Team

Hey @1UnicycleAce thanks for reaching out. Sorry you're having such trouble with this. Can you PM me your case number and I will try have someone reach out to you about this? Thanks!

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (1,124 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hey @1UnicycleAce thanks for reaching out. Sorry you're having such trouble with this. Can you PM me your case number and I will try have someone reach out to you about this? Thanks!

Message 2 of 8 (1,125 Views)

★★ Novice

Pm sent. I hope you received it. Keep me posted thanx.

Message 3 of 8 (1,109 Views)

★ Novice

Hello I have the same problem I lost by mistake my account can't find it can I retrieve it somehow? My personaid is 1003988839571 and my player I'd is Gmxvp#SyZNXc2W and my case number was #47914169

Message 4 of 8 (993 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hey @3zgka6441tz8 thanks for reaching out. I read through your case and from what I can see, you're original level 60 account is missing? You went to load it on another device and when prompted it showed you an older account which was level 16 or so and upon tapping that it loaded the level 16 account? Unfortunately it sounds like you have overwritten the original account that was linked Frown We have no way of restoring your original level 60 account either, I'm sorry to say. That link can only be restored by restoring purchases. Disappointed

Message 5 of 8 (983 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you I'll play with the other one then no choice.

Message 6 of 8 (971 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Frown Put all that level 60 knowledge to good use! Please feel free to reach out to me should you have any other problems @3zgka6441tz8!

Message 7 of 8 (969 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you
Message 8 of 8 (957 Views)