Lost progress twice and trying to stay sane

by DBrick01

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lost progress twice and trying to stay sane

★★★ Guide

I am going to keep this brief, if I can.

I lost a SIM I asked to move in. He moved in and during step 5 of the marriage quest, he disappears completely.

This happened on June 5th.

I contact helpdesk. They try to restore game to June 5th, but SIM just will not stay in the game.  So I agree to restore game to June 2nd and lose all my progress. Done, start redoing everything I did before.

Fast forwad to June 11th.

I can no longer ask the SIM to move in because his household is not getting notification. Remember, that household lost control of this SIM during the first move out. Although he has a blue plumbob, he really is a NPC at this point. Anyway, I thought helpdesk could help. Guess what they do: restore my game to June 2nd WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.

Slowly losing my mind here. 

Now I am complaining and they restore the game to June 10th. For some reason June 11th was not saved. When they did restore, I did not have enough time to complete the  photography career which I had completed. How do I not have the same amount of time to complete the Quest. Now I do not have that Career and do not think the solution is making me do it all over again. Plus I lost my progress again.

This is a bummer. Do the people who work at helpdesk, play the game?

Message 1 of 4 (816 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lost progress twice and trying to stay sane

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @DBrick01, I'm sorry to hear that, it doesn't sound like a great experience at all. I'm not able to assist personally as we don't have the ability to help with account or missing content issues on the forum but I have reached out to the support team on your behalf. They should be in contact soon, by email I expect. Please keep an eye out for a message in your inbox (or subsequent folders, my email likes to hide things in junk or spam). Standard smile

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (744 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @DBrick01, I'm sorry to hear that, it doesn't sound like a great experience at all. I'm not able to assist personally as we don't have the ability to help with account or missing content issues on the forum but I have reached out to the support team on your behalf. They should be in contact soon, by email I expect. Please keep an eye out for a message in your inbox (or subsequent folders, my email likes to hide things in junk or spam). Standard smile

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 4 (745 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_Lanna 

Thank you for forwarding on my request.

I did find the email in spam Standard smile

I responded.

They want to investigate why the SIM disappeared. I gave the info for the investigation.

I have moved on. There are many "simfish" in the sea with same name and look.

My female Sim divorced that SIM. I created the exact same SIM, and she married him, adopted a baby girl, and the rest is history. She just wanted a man and bam, here you go.

He is also checking on what I can get back. If it happens, it happens; if not I am back at the level I was at; it will be okay.

Thank you for reading and responding. Talking to people who actually play the game makes me happy.

Thank you!

Message 3 of 4 (693 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thank you Dean at EA!

Appreciate the listening ear and the humor and the rewards. I will definitely use them to get the photography career when it runs again.

@EA_Lanna 

Thank you for forwarding on my frustrations.

I am s ane again and enjoying and enjoying the World of Luxury Quest.

Message 4 of 4 (608 Views)