Lost email address associated with my SWTOR account

by 45364643564536

Original Post

Lost email address associated with my SWTOR account

★★ Novice

Hello,

I have a problem. I lost access to the old gmail address that is associated with my SWTOR account (I forgot password and I'm unable to recover it) and I can't get through one-time code to login to my account. I have called SWTOR support and guy told me that they can't help me and all I can do is to recover my gmail account.

Is there any other way to prove that this account is mine? I bought this freaking game day after it was released and player it for few years. I can give you everything - my ID card, my invoices...

The account I'm currently writing from is also associated with this old GMAIL address but I can't verify it because I forgot password and I'm unable to recover it.

Message 1 of 9 (919 Views)

Re: Lost email address associated with my SWTOR account

@45364643564536 

Account security is based around the email address, sounds like CS have provided an answer in regards to the gmail account, getting access to that email would be best.

Maybe if you have access to the EA account associated with that swtor account ? but you need to talk to cs i'm afraid if that would even help.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 9 (913 Views)

★★ Novice

The account I'm writing from now is the account that is associated with my SWTOR account, in order history I can see completed transactions of subscription.

The thing is both my SWTOR account and THIS account are associated to the old gmail address which I can't recover - it was created 12 years ago when I was a kid and security question answers were like "asejajseisajeisajeijsaesae".

Message 3 of 9 (910 Views)

@45364643564536 

If you have approached EA via https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ to recover access to the origin account not sure what else you can do.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 9 (902 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I did. Guy from support told me to recover my gmail account which is impossible - I tried so many times.

It is confusing because I saw many similar problems to mine where their email address was changed...

Message 5 of 9 (897 Views)

@45364643564536 

CS support for swtor is different to CS support for the EA account, so you have approached both ?

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 6 of 9 (891 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh sorry I didn't understand you.

I have access to the origin account - it's the one I'm contacting you from.

Both this account and SWTOR accounts are connected to the old gmail address.

I just can't get through one-time code during SWTOR login because this code is sent to email address which I can't access. I remembered the password for SWTOR account and this origin account.

Message 7 of 9 (883 Views)

@45364643564536 wrote:

Oh sorry I didn't understand you.

I have access to the origin account - it's the one I'm contacting you from.

Both this account and SWTOR accounts are connected to the old gmail address.

Try changing the email on the EA/Oriign account to one you have access too 

If this EA account is linked swtor CS may help more if they see the EA account email is one you have.

I cant say for sure but it is the only thing i can think of, previously Swtor cs would see the email on the EA account was also one you didnt have access too.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 8 of 9 (881 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a similar issue, I remember the display name and the password, but I do not have access to my previous email due to some issue with it, my old password would not work and I cannot access it to get the one time password. I am capable of answering my security question, as well as providing info over my characters and stuff if needed to prove I am the owner of this account. I was wondering if there is any way to change the email address to one that I am currently using?

Message 9 of 9 (825 Views)