Lost email account and SWTOR inactive since more than two years

by FlushMan777

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lost email account and SWTOR inactive since more than two years

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello, I have an important question about account access when someone didn't played since before the first server merge: a friend of mine who do not speak English lost his email account (hotmail) which was attached to his SWTOR account. When he called the customer service about that, they asked him impossible things to answer, like the Digital pack CD key he purchased at launch. He can't answer has he lost his email account. Could you please tell me what he has to do to solve this issue ? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4 (1,136 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lost email account and SWTOR inactive since more than two years

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @FlushMan777

As @Belgorad and @collinc2343 have mentioned your friend will need to be able to verify their account before it is given back to them. This is for security reasons to make sure that any account is only given back to the rightful owner. It's not something we would be able to assist with here and you would need to contact the normal support channels as done previously.

In this case has your friend tried recovering their hotmail email account? Hotmail is still widely used so if they can remember the address they should be able to regain access to it.

- Andy -

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,268 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

If he can't provide the info to customer service to verify who he is, I don't think there is anything he can do except make a new account. Customer service can't change credentials on an account without verifying who he is or he could take anyone's account. 

Message 2 of 4 (1,125 Views)

Hero
Unfortunately unless he can authenticate his account there really isn't much that they can do. On the website it sends your Display name to your email if you don't remember it and when you call they are going to ask for information to verify the account.

If neither one can be done I'm afraid the only option would be to create a new account. I know its not what your friend may want to hear but they have to protect accounts by asking information he should know. He can ask then if there are other questions besides the CD key that he can verify to authenticate the account.

Not sure if they will do this but its something they can ask. If not I'm afraid creating a new account maybe the only other option.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 3 of 4 (1,119 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @FlushMan777

As @Belgorad and @collinc2343 have mentioned your friend will need to be able to verify their account before it is given back to them. This is for security reasons to make sure that any account is only given back to the rightful owner. It's not something we would be able to assist with here and you would need to contact the normal support channels as done previously.

In this case has your friend tried recovering their hotmail email account? Hotmail is still widely used so if they can remember the address they should be able to regain access to it.

- Andy -

Message 4 of 4 (1,269 Views)