Re: Lost contents and progress, no reply from EA. What else can i do?

by BlueEyedBaby2

Original Post

Lost contents and progress, no reply from EA. What else can i do?

★★★★ Novice

I have ongoing problems with the Sims Mobile game too. It crashed on 14th April, I lost the contents of two houses, all the rooms abd furnishings (few items on the grass, no rooms left Frown  that sort of weird thing), lost access to buildings in town, lost my careers, all of it.

I did all recommended steps, soft reset, clear the cache etc etc as recommended on Problem Solving part of the EA support site, no joy.

My game was linked to EA so I thought I had the back up allright. So I deleted and reinstalled the game, the new game picked up some of the progress from the previous version before the game crash, but it's very little progress and still most of the contents missing. As I already deleted and reinstalled the game, I don't think I can delete and reinstall again. It won't be able to pick up from the time when game was okay, it will probably pick up ftom the current state, which is still a corrupt state. So I am stuck. 

I contacted EA Customer Experience, corresponded with two different people, both promised to help, the last person I corresponded with,  said he would put it to its previous version before the game crash. I said yes please. But 17 days later I am still waiting.

They don't reply, they don't even open my case on the "EA Help - My Cases" page. My case is stuck at "IN PROGRESS" stage but no one is opening it or working on it or replying to me.

I was at level 52, so I don't want to lose all these contents . I am pretty fed up. WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET EA TO REPLY AND RESOLVE???? CASE NUMBER 58826871

Thank you for reading so far.

Message 1 of 4 (1,263 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @BlueEyedBaby2

I know that waiting to hear back in a situation like this can definitely be pretty stressful. I wanted to first say thanks for being so patient during all this. 

I took a look at the case you created, and I can see that it is still open. The case hasn't been closed and is still being worked on. Unfortunately the EA Help team has been pretty busy these past couple months considering the current global situation, so some investigations are taking longer than they would normally. 

In the meantime, I can only request that you continue being patient with the EA Help team while they continue to investigate this. They will follow up with you via email as soon as they can. I'd also recommend that you don't update that case any further until you hear back from them. I wouldn't want your case to get moved around or anything due to updates, so to make sure it stays where it needs to be I'd recommend just letting it lie for the time being. 

The EA Help team will get back to you as soon as they can, so keep an eye out for a reply from them to your email. Thanks again for your patience on this. Hopefully it won't be much longer before this is sorted out. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,176 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Hello Kent, thank you for your reply. 

Now it's been six and a half weeks, i am still waiting and no one has even opened my case.

I have the impression that EA Customer Experience people, enjoy dealing with brand new shiny projects, all the time and energy goes to new shiny projects, beautifying the appearances and old-time consuming tasks like my isdue, get brushed under the carpet, hoping that eventually we give up waiting and go away. Not good. 

I am being ignored and finding it extremely incompetent and unprofessional.

Should I give up hope? Is it likely to get back to the game almost 7 weeks later,  despite missing sooo much of the latest additions?

What do you suggest, I should do, apart from waiting for another 6 weeks? 

I hope you could push my case for a solution. 

Many thanks, 

Blue Eyed Baby 

Message 3 of 4 (1,046 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Sul Sul, @BlueEyedBaby2. That wait sounds rough, and I'm sorry you experienced it.

Just in case, can you create a new case and refer to the previous one? It's possible your previous case got stuck, but advisors on a new case will be able to reference it.

Note: You'll want to make sure it's not a feedback or bug case as those aren't looked at directly by EA Help game advisors.

To contact EA Help in The Sims Mobile:

• Tap the arrow on the right and select the gear tab
  • Select the Help & About tab within Settings
  • Tap Help
  • Tap the customer service icon next to the side menu
  • Select The Sims Mobile from the game list
  • Select your platform
  • Select Missing content > Had content and lost it
  • Input your Player ID
  • Click Select contact option

If you would prefer to reach out on social media instead:

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (1,022 Views)