Lost connection error

by jobadeeznuts

Original Post

Re: Lost Connection. Every game I try to play. NHL 21.

Community Manager

@HouchieHustler 

If you're very frequently losing connection, we should go through some troubleshooting. Let me know if you want to do this.

Aljo.png
Message 11 of 47 (769 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I have power cycled, reset modem and internet on ps4 so tell me what else there is other than running an ethernet cable which is not an option. Like I said it is unacceptable to have a game function like this. Nhl21 is the ONLY game I have ever experienced this, and it is not just me, others in my club have the same/worse experience than I do.
Message 12 of 47 (755 Views)

Community Manager

@HouchieHustler 

Disconnects and lag are to be expected on a wireless connection. Especially if your signal has to go through walls and floors. If a wire is impossible, you could try getting a powerline adaptor. That's been a good solution for many that can't use a wire.

Aljo.png
Message 13 of 47 (750 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree, I’ve clutched many games then lost connection and it shows up poor on my online record, so annoying...

Message 14 of 47 (701 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Then please explain to me why @MHazz69 clearly states that he plays on "wired connection straight from the router" and experiences these issues as well? I would like to know.
Message 15 of 47 (585 Views)

Community Manager

@HouchieHustler 

We would have to go through some troubleshooting to try to find out why they're disconnecting so frequently.

Aljo.png
Message 16 of 47 (565 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Aljo how troubleshooting went?
I have same problem. Wired connection, no problems in log of router. So it means it is problem on the EA server side. Why we are punished for your problems? Definitely only one game which let you lose because game server have problem.
Message 17 of 47 (460 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @ddinozoza 

We would need to go through some connection troubleshooting to rule out any issues with your connection. There's a lot more involved besides your modem/router and our servers. That's great you're wired. Wired is much better than wireless. What system are you playing on? Also, did this just recently start happening or have you been experiencing a bad connection for a long time? What exactly is happening? Are you disconnecting, lagging or both? Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 18 of 47 (445 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@EA_AljoI'm playing on Xbox series S. No problem with connection in any other online game. I even set Xbox to DMZ on router to prevent problem because of ports. I have 1-10 disconnections every hour. It getting unplayable. Especially if I loose all HUT Squad Battles (because of dissemination) and need to pay to refresh. I lost last 2 ToTW matches because of dissconection.
Can you explain me why you are such a stupid system in place that it kick you out of match (and you loose) when there is a lost connection?
It is ridiculous. There is no other game which is doing this (beside all EA games).
It looks like it is done on purpose so I need to buy NHL Points for real money.

P.S. I can send you screenshots of disconnections when I'm learning at end of game and it just kick me out. Two clicks and I'm back and can start new game. Suddenly no problem with connection. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Message 19 of 47 (393 Views)

Community Manager

@ddinozoza 

Do you have a PC by chance? If so let’s find out how your connection is reaching our servers. Can you run a UO Trace and screenshot the results? Instructions are here.

Aljo.png
Message 20 of 47 (370 Views)