Lost connection error

by jobadeeznuts

Original Post

Lost connection error

★★★ Newbie

Every time I try to play any online mode in world of chel, i lose connection after the loading screen. I can be in the matchmaking screen but as soon as the loading screen stops I get the LOST CONNECTION screen and it backs me out

its not my internet because I’m in a party with my team and I can play any other game online. But chel isn’t working for me. I keep losing connection.

I was able to play some drop in 3’s but I’m not able to play club hockey. 
this is a big issue because I’m in several hockey leagues and my team has had to replace me in the lineups for weeks now.

I’ve tried power cycling my router and system, deleting my game and reinstalling it, restoring licenses. Nothing is working and chel doesn’t work for me. Any idea how to fix this issue I’m having?

Message 1 of 47 (3,498 Views)

Re: Lost connection error

Community Manager

Hi there, @jobadeeznuts.

I'll try to help fiture out what's going on here. First, what system are you playing on?

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 47 (3,471 Views)

Lose connection every time I try to play online.

★★★ Newbie

I try to play online and after waiting at least 5 minutes and seeing my opponents name it says “connection lost” every single time. It says my connection is good and my ps4 is wired directly into the router. I’ve had this problem since I bought the game and have tried multiple routers and haven’t been able to play a single game online. I never had an issue playing NHL 20 online. 

Message 3 of 47 (3,496 Views)

Re: Lose connection every time I try to play online.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I can play other games online with no issue with the exception of Madden 21. Madden works sometimes and other times the same thing happens. I’ve talked to EA people twice and have tried every suggested action and then I somehow lose connection to them when all of their suggestions won’t work. 

Message 4 of 47 (3,492 Views)

Re: Lose connection every time I try to play online.

Community Manager

Hi there, @Smith_Navy13.

Do you have a PC by chance? If so let’s find out how your connection is reaching our servers. Can you run a UO Trace and screenshot the results? Instructions are here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic.

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 47 (3,448 Views)

Lost Connection. Every game I try to play. NHL 21.

★★★ Newbie

Hello.

I have Lost Connection in NHL 21 every time I have tried to play all day today. I’ve tried restarting my router, restarting my Xbox One, clearing the cache, etc.. Nothing I do is working. It is not my internet connection. It is not my Xbox one. I have a hard copy disc of the game. Can someone tell me what is going on here or help me?

Message 6 of 47 (3,432 Views)

Re: Lost Connection. Every game I try to play. NHL 21.

Community Manager

Hi there, @iamjoeylugo.

Are you still having trouble with this? If so, are you on a wired or wireless connection? Also, what exact steps did you take when restarting your router and console? Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 47 (3,373 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. I have stable internet, no other games fail. I have uninstalled and power cycled and still have the issue. I play on a wired connection right from the router. Any other suggestions? 

Message 8 of 47 (3,308 Views)

Community Manager

@MHazz69 

When exactly are you getting this error?

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 47 (3,290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

How about this, change it so games arent forfeited and the player losing connection can join back instead of the mandatory "leave game" after "losing connection"? This is a disgrace. So many sure win games ruined because of this error, clearly with the amount of people having this issues you would think someone at ea would suggest to fix it instead of suggesting it is the players issue. Disgrace. Worst experience and the only game I've ever experienced this in. Fix your game.     

Message 10 of 47 (3,065 Views)