Lost all skins during unlinking/linking with a new EA account

by MrDarkPie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lost all skins during unlinking/linking with a new EA account

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

Like many other players, I wanted to get the new twitch prime loot that came out a few days ago. However, I noticed that my main account on which I play apex didn't receive the loot when I claimed it. The email address was the same as the one I used on my Xbox account, or so I thought, since you can't really check on Apex itself which email address (and by extension which EA account) the game is using for you.

Well, turns out I was wrong. Apparently Apex used a very old EA account which I made well over a decade ago, and since I thought that I hadn't linked my Xbox gamertag to any EA accounts I decided to link my xbox gamertag to my new email address that I use currently. 

When I logged on to the game, I lost all my skins and currency that I had. Naturally I was shocked, but quickly found out via Google that it happened because I linked it to a new EA account. I tried contacting EA support for a possible account merge, as the EA website specifically mentions this problem on their website, so I at least could play Apex with my skins again. The first ticket came up saying that it was not possible, that the info is stored on my old EA account and that they couldn't help me anymore. Okay, fair enough. Let me just link my gamertag to my old EA account and I will get my stuff back right? As I said before, people struggled with this problem before, and they have said to relink everything to my old account and everything will be fixed. 

So I send another ticket. Because of the insane and frankly absurd SIX MONTHS cooldown period on unlinking accounts, I simply asked for them to remove that restriction so I could link my gamertag back to my old account, as (if I should believe multiple reddit posts) multiple people have done and EA complying to this if they just asked this in a ticket. I got a frankly lackluster response back that they couldn't and that I should deal with it. Case closed.

I'm not upset that EA has this restriction in place. I can understand that changing accounts can lead to progress being lost. What irks me the most is that I know how to fix the problem, but I need EA's help with that. If they just removed the, again, absurd six month restriction period I could fix the problem and play with all my skins again. So far the Dutch EA team has given me nothing, and I am kindly asking for a LIVE chat with an English speaking employee to fix this problem. I do NOT want to wait half a year to play Apex again not to mention play with the content I PAID REAL LIFE MONEY FOR.  

Message 1 of 2 (1,374 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lost all skins during unlinking/linking with a new EA account

Community Manager

Hey @MrDarkPie,

If the wrong account was linked during this process of trying to get the Prime loot, you will need to reach back out and speak with support again.

We cannot start a chat for you or make any changes to an account on the forums, so speaking with another advisor to see if they're able to help link the correct account would be necessary here.

While the 6-month cooldown itself cannot be removed, support may have another option to help out in some cases so you'll need to reach back out and speak with them again. If you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,352 Views)

All Replies

Re: Lost all skins during unlinking/linking with a new EA account

Community Manager

Hey @MrDarkPie,

If the wrong account was linked during this process of trying to get the Prime loot, you will need to reach back out and speak with support again.

We cannot start a chat for you or make any changes to an account on the forums, so speaking with another advisor to see if they're able to help link the correct account would be necessary here.

While the 6-month cooldown itself cannot be removed, support may have another option to help out in some cases so you'll need to reach back out and speak with them again. If you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 2 (1,353 Views)