Lost Security Key

by Shimo45

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lost Security Key

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to access my account, however I have forgotten my password. I have tried the password reset but it requires my security key, which I no longer have. I have been through the Answers HQ and read the topics about it but the closest thing to solving it was look for the "Lost your security key" link under the security key box. This link does not show up for me so my question is can I remove this another way?

Message 1 of 2 (435 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lost Security Key

@Shimo45 

If you know the linked EA/Origin account the passwords will be the same, once you have the right username and password you may be able to remove the key via the link.

If the link is missing then calling support is the only way to remove the key.

otherwise give swtor cs a call , once they verify you as the owner of the account they can manually remove the security key and assist with resetting the password.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (416 Views)

All Replies

Re: Lost Security Key

@Shimo45 

If you know the linked EA/Origin account the passwords will be the same, once you have the right username and password you may be able to remove the key via the link.

If the link is missing then calling support is the only way to remove the key.

otherwise give swtor cs a call , once they verify you as the owner of the account they can manually remove the security key and assist with resetting the password.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 2 (417 Views)