Re: Lost SWTOR security key serial number

by proxos666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lost SWTOR security key serial number

★★ Novice

I lost my security key when my phone was in repair. After awhile I decided to get back to SWTOR but the login page asked me for the key I no longer have. So I checked the forums and guides for non-subscribers (which sucks IMO) I was told to call for some reason the UK support (even though I'm Polish) which gave me absolutely nothing cause the line is busy. Official guide is from 2016 and no longer relevant. The Lost my security key is no longer where it used to be. What should I do?

Message 1 of 6 (1,984 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@Corbin-97 

That number will depend on your exit code to call international number , maybe skype would be easier and cheaper costs me $2.00 for an hr call to the UK

00 needs to be followed by your exit code , for me in Australia ours is 11 for example so i need to dial [removed by CM]

44 is the country code for the UK

[removed by CM] is the phone number

Poland appears to use 0 per this link

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,938 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@Corbin-97 

The key can only be removed in a web browser on www.swtor.com not via the launcher just to be sure.

See the image in this link it is still in the same location , if the link is not appearing then you will need to call CS during the detailed available hours below to get the key removed

• UK: +44 [removed by CM] (Phone support available from 15.00 GMT - 00.00 GMT)
  • Germany: +49 [removed by CM] (Phone support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)
  • France: +33 [removed by CM] (Phone support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 2 of 6 (1,971 Views)

★★ Novice
@proxos666 Thanks for Your answer, but just to clarify https://imgur.com/HCJUwaX the option is no longer there. Probably since 2016 or something when was the last update to this page https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-security-key-faqs/
Anyway thanks for the reply, I already tried calling them during those hours and it just said it's busy and ended the call
Message 3 of 6 (1,967 Views)

@Corbin-97 

There are certain conditions in which the removal link will not be offered, if it isn't offered calling is the only option left that doesn't mean the guides are wrong.

I would double check you called the number and dialed as i have removed the (0) in the brackets listed in this link as that is only used within the specified country not tracking any issues calling support.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 6 (1,961 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@proxos666 I used this number [removed by CM] which is listed as Polish support on this page https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-support/#not
I will try again today but honestly I'm not as eager to come back to the game as I was

Message 5 of 6 (1,940 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Corbin-97 

That number will depend on your exit code to call international number , maybe skype would be easier and cheaper costs me $2.00 for an hr call to the UK

00 needs to be followed by your exit code , for me in Australia ours is 11 for example so i need to dial [removed by CM]

44 is the country code for the UK

[removed by CM] is the phone number

Poland appears to use 0 per this link

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 6 of 6 (1,939 Views)