Re: Lost Progress from Switching Devices

by benjaming1205

Original Post

Lost Progress from Switching Devices

★★ Novice

I tried to switch my game from my iPhone 7 to my OnePlus 5. It gave me the prompt that I have saved data so I’d like them to transfer it over only for the game to glitch out and get me stuck on this screen:936A9444-5FD4-49F2-BE2E-99A322287BE5.png

I decided to not continue and delete the game on my OnePlus only for the game to look just like this! I’ve already lost so much of progress, I didn’t want to try and delete the game on my iPhone. Please help.

Message 1 of 8 (785 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@benjaming1205 

Unfortunately this is an issue that we can't help you fix from the forums. In order to get help to recover your game progress, you need to send in a Help Ticket from your in-game app.

A Help Ticket from your in-game account is a message that brings through needed details directly to mobile advisors. 

Using other methods like Facebook or Twitter will only delay support and  you will be asked to go back and send an in-game help ticket.

Help tickets from your mobile in-game account are the best way to contact support as they will go through directly to the mobile advisors who will be far more informed.

Follow the following steps:

• Tap the arrow pull-out tab on the right side of the game screen.

Tapping the arrow to open the help menu on the right side of the screen in The Sims Mobile.

• Tap the Settings cog tab.
    • Tap Help & About.
    • Tap Help to visit EA Help.

The Help & About button in The Sims Mobile Settings menu.

The EA Help site will open on your device's web browser.

1. Choose your device.
    2. Select topic. Missing content.
    3. Select issue Had content and lost it.
    4. Provide your player-ID
    5. Select contact option Email. (Email is the best option as solving this kind of issue might take some time. )
    6. Fill in the form. Provide all information that could help solve your case.
    7. Attach screenshots that can help the advisor understand your problem.
    8. Tap on the button 'Email us'.

If the EA Help site does not open, try clearing cookies on your browser. This might help open the EA website on your device. Here you can read how to clear cookies on iPhone or iPad or how to clear cookies on Android.

If you are not able to open your game app, please use the following link to send in a ticket: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=the-sims-mobile 

If you have lost pack content, have valid proof of purchase available for advisors. Purchases on mobile aren't made on Origin aka EA's tool, they are made on either Google Play or iTunes so in order for support to confirm that there was a payment made they will need valid proof of purchase. Once they verified the purchase they can check if the content is on the account,. If it's not the advisors will take it from there.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 2 of 8 (769 Views)

★★ Novice
@SalixCat The option to make an in game ticket is not available until after the tutorial. So can"t be done if stuck there.
Message 3 of 8 (735 Views)

Hero

@Mayfees442 If you read my previous post, your'll see it also says what to do in case you can't open your game. Standard smile

If you are not able to open your game app, please use the following link to send in a ticket: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=the-sims-mobile 

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 4 of 8 (721 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for the help @SalixCat . Unfortunately, EA Help was unable to help. According to them, they couldn’t retrieve any previous data. Maybe it’s a sign to move on and enjoy other things. I surely enjoyed my time on it and so happy to be exposed to such a loving and helpful community. Heart

Message 5 of 8 (691 Views)

Hero

So sorry @benjaming1205 I'll ask if someone can look into this.

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 6 of 8 (658 Views)

Hero

Hey @benjaming1205 

Since you already have been in touch with CS and they can't see any saves backed up to this game, the suggestion would be for you to start up your iPhone, log in to the game and try to save your game progress. Once you've done that, contact support again.

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 7 of 8 (637 Views)

★★ Novice

Hmmm..

I’ll try to do that, @SalixCat . I’m not sure if this is related but during my conversation with the CS they’ve only requested for my EA Account which unfortunately wasn’t linked but I remember my Facebook and Game Centre were. I’m not sure if that could help and I wasn’t sure if just mentioning the EA Account would just list everything but it’s worth a try.

Message 8 of 8 (627 Views)