Re: Loss of performance in Star Wars: Battlefront 2 after yesterdays patch

by HuuDFader

Original Post

Loss of performance in Star Wars: Battlefront 2 after yesterdays patch

★★★★★ Novice

Hi! So I was playing Battlefront 2 a day before yesterday and everything seemd fine, I averaged around 90-110 fps in 4K everything maxed out. My config: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming, Core i9 9900K, Patriot Viper 4 3400 Mhz DDR4 RAM, Asus RTX 2080 Ti Dual OC, Win 10 Pro. Yesterday however there was a new patch and my performance dropped to an average of 60-65 fps with constant dips into the 50s. The Battlefront 2 patch wasn't the only thing happened yesterday: I updated my Nvidia driver to the latest one (431.36), there was also a Windows 10 update. Now the reason I think that the new patch might be at fault here is because I tested other games and they all seem to run fine, same performance as usual: Battlefield V (which also uses frostbite), Apex Legends, Metro Exodus, Resident Evil 2, The Sinking City...

Message 1 of 14 (1,673 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@K1llrzzZ
I noticed cpu usage went up sharply after the update, but like you it could be a coincidence as i updated the alienware command center also, which still doesn't seem to work right, temps very quickly go to 100 and stay there for about 3 minutes before coming down from throttling.

But my fps  stays at 60 from v synch....

Message 2 of 14 (1,597 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@K1llrzzZ i have the same problem, i use to average round 100fps at all the maps in swbf2, but since the latest update my fps is dipping, i swapped to ''disable full screen optimization'' and i went up just a little, but still not how it used to be, i felt it as soon as i started playing after the patch that something is not feeling as smooth as it used to
Message 3 of 14 (1,551 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@HuuDFader also to notice that i have 16gb RAM, geforce 1060 and intel core i7
Message 4 of 14 (1,549 Views)

★ Apprentice

So i may have been wrong when I said that my FPS stayed at 60 with vsynch, as I've seen it dip now below that limit with the July update

On the loading screens, I used to have a solid 200fps, now I get it jumping around from 50 to 195.  

During game play the screen constantly micro-stutters, its very annoying.  Pre-july update version never did this.

Message 5 of 14 (1,506 Views)

Constant micro stutter after July update

★ Apprentice

Hi, I'm starting this thread so as to not clutter up another persons thread with a similar issue.

I'm having micro stutter constantly, and fps is down since the july update.  I did a clean boot as EA_Blueberry suggested and it was back to buttery smooth.  The problem is I only have 2 startup programs: Realtek HD audio universal service, and Windows security notification icon.

still disabling all services makes it smooth again... any ideas?

Message 6 of 14 (1,635 Views)

Re: Constant micro stutter after July update

★ Apprentice

I found that the nehemic service was causing  my frame rate issues and a lot of stutter.  I disabled that service, and it was mostly back to normal, however the sound was terrible since that service is associated with the sound.

I updated windows, and for some reason it all works better now with the nahemic service back enabled.

I'm really not sure what fixed the issue, or if it still exists, but I really blame the alienware command center since that thing has been a constant cause if problems. 

The nahemic service is embedded into the AWCC, not a standalone program.

Message 7 of 14 (1,550 Views)

★ Apprentice

damn.. stuttering came back.

Message 8 of 14 (1,536 Views)

Community Manager

@Mrod-paw 

Were you able to get rid of the microstuttering? If you go into the game folder right-click on the SWBFII.exe application and go to properties to disable fullscreen optimisation.

Can you upload a DxDiag for us so we can take a peak at your system specs?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

PC Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 14 (1,420 Views)

Community Manager

@Mrod-paw 

I moved your other post into this one since it's related with performance/microstuttering. 

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 14 (1,414 Views)