Re: Loss/ Choke issue on second game, Xbox

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Loss/ Choke issue on second game, Xbox

★★★ Newbie

Hello, 

So I'm having a connectivity issue with apex on Xbox Series X. I can play one game after restarting the game. This first game has no lag, loss/ choke shows 0/0, average ping is 35. If i start up another game right after the last one, I'm immediately lagging. loss/ choke around 35/0 and keeps climbing, ping jumps to the low 90s. This is the only game this happens on, iv tested on warzone, Splitgate, halo MCC, gears 5, PUBG, etc. I can restart the game during or after the second game, seeing as it wont connect me back to the lobby anyway, and it works fine, FOR ONE GAME. Iv tried changing from wired to wireless multiple times. my average internet speed is 900mbps dload so its not my internet, this issue just recently started happening, no changes in hardware or network at all. any help would be greatly appreciated, this is by far my most played game. 

Message 1 of 10 (841 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@fallinanjel2013 

Got it, thanks!

Another thing we could try is setting a static IP on the Xbox. The Port Forward website has some instructions on how to set that up. 

If you're able to give that a shot please let me know if you're still running into the same issues. Thanks again. 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (727 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @fallinanjel2013

Which datacenter are you usually connecting to? Have you tried switching to any others to test and see if it makes any difference? 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 10 (790 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I usually use Dallas. I have swapped between the Iowa ones and Dallas and the issue still persists. 

Message 3 of 10 (779 Views)

Community Manager

@fallinanjel2013 

Gotcha, thanks!

If you haven't already, can we try setting a different DNS on your Xbox to see if that makes a difference? I've seen some cases where setting a different DNS can help. 

You can change the DNS on your Xbox using the steps below: 

1. Open your Xbox Settings and go to General
  2. Select Network Settings
  3. Select Advanced Settings
  4. Select DNS Settings
  5. Select Manual
  6. Enter 8.8.8.8 as the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 as the Secondary DNS. This is the public Google DNS, but I've also heard that using the public Cloudflare DNS can help (1.1.1.1)
  7. Save the changes

Let me know if you're still running into any connectivity issues after that. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 4 of 10 (760 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I changed my dns already, issue persisted. I'm at a loss lol

Message 5 of 10 (744 Views)

Community Manager

@fallinanjel2013 

Got it, thanks!

Another thing we could try is setting a static IP on the Xbox. The Port Forward website has some instructions on how to set that up. 

If you're able to give that a shot please let me know if you're still running into the same issues. Thanks again. 

Kent.png
Message 6 of 10 (728 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same problem on PC. No matter what data center I choose, every second game its literally unplayable. Then it doesn't do it for a while, until it starts again.

Message 7 of 10 (668 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @hecktitor14

It's weird that it's so inconsistent. 

Where are you located, and who is your internet provider, if you don't mind me asking? 

Kent.png
Message 8 of 10 (602 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I know its pretty weird and I know that makes it harder to fix, I'm a Computer Science major so I know a thing or two. I don't mind, I play in Puerto Rico and my ISP is Liberty.

Message 9 of 10 (567 Views)

Community Manager

@hecktitor14 

Do you have another Xbox account that you could sign into on your console? If so, what happens if you play Apex Legends on the other account? I'm curious if it would happen on a different account, or if it's specific to this one. 

Kent.png
Message 10 of 10 (476 Views)