Losing on Rivals when opponent quits when I'm winning (co-op)

by HR04172

Original Post

Losing on Rivals when opponent quits when I'm winning (co-op)

★★★★★ Novice

Playing co-op with one of my friends on Rivals, using my team. We go 4-1 up, opponent quits. I then get an error message saying something like 'not enough players'. I get a loss, 0 coins, and move backwards despite being 4-1 and having a more than stable connection. So you may be thinking - surely it's your friend's connection then? Nope! He gets given the win etc as he should. 

Later, I play co-op with another friend. Mirrored scenario, 4-1 up, opponent quits, I get error message, I get loss, teammate gets win. This issue only seems to happen on co-op, as games work fine when I play alone. This has by now cost me 4 wins, leaving me feeling its pointless playing the game if I'm not allowed to progress. I asked your help team on twitter, they said to report it to your forums. I have no idea who reads these that can actually do something, but oh well. I'm assuming I can't get my deserved wins, so I miss out on rewards as I don't have much opportunity to play.

So what do I do? It seems this kind of issue has been around even before fifa 22. Should I now just not play co-op with my friends? Video link: https://vimeo.com/637796997 of the issue I'm facing.

Message 1 of 4 (500 Views)

Re: Losing on Rivals when opponent quits when I'm winning (co-op)

★★★★★ Novice

Anyone?

Message 2 of 4 (480 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Cool. 

Message 3 of 4 (458 Views)

★ Novice

I've been having the same problem. The opponents pause the game and leave while we are 3-0 up and I get the loss(-48!! in elite div) but my teammate gets the win. Happenened to me 3 times now... Posted about it 3 weeks ago and no reaction from EA

Message 4 of 4 (426 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help