Re: Long loading times making online play impossible

by Shadowjones

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Long loading times making online play impossible

★★ Novice

I'm having incredibly long loading times with this game. On startup it can take at least five minutes before I get in the main menu, and even then it needs at least a minute more to load in assets. Same when I'm loading story missions. Strangely in the level itself it'll run just fine with most of the graphical settings turned up high. When I want to queue in online match, at best I get an error about me taking too long to load in the level, but usually I get kicked back into the main menu.

I turned the graphical settings all the way down to the minimal, but that changed nothing.

Message 1 of 10 (816 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

My last ditch effort in an attempt to get it to work then in out of ideas.

Lots of small programs interfere with Squadrons. Minimize your startup list with only essentials and see if there is any change.

Ctrl + Alt + Del -> Startup tab

Disable anything non crucial like update services etc.

Reboot

Ctrl + Alt + Del again and pinpoint anything else you may be able to shut down.

Could also run msconfig (Start menu ‐> type msconfig -> enter) and check services and disable ones you dont feel are needed.

Along with this you could also try unplugging any unnecessary usb accessories, disable secondary monitors. Restart. Cross fingers.

Other than that I'm sadly all out of ideas. If I have time later I'll try to do a deeper dive into your dxdiag and see if anything major strikes me.

Good luck to you and hopefully something comes from this 

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (562 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey @MrMida  is the game on HDD or SSD and can you upload a dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers. 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 10 (775 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Atic , it's on HDD.

Message 3 of 10 (755 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue; it only started happening after I completed the single player campaign and persists after the 1.1 patch.

It appears once you wait for the extended load once (for a given level) it will be much quicker on subsequent rounds (of the same level).  It also happens when trying to go from the main menu to the customization hanger or practice mode.

Message 4 of 10 (723 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Whenever I have the load time issue, I Alt+f4 and relaunch until the initial load time is normal. Normally 1-2 reloads solve my issue.

Temporary fix but has been working.

Not even worth trying to play if the initial load is long because all subsequent loads remain long. If the initial load goes smooth then the rest works well.

Hope this helps solve your issue in the meantime!

Message 5 of 10 (698 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@MrMida Did you find a solution
Message 6 of 10 (667 Views)

★★ Novice
@VongolaEX10 Nope. Tried the suggestion of @Shadowjones, but the loading times never changed.
Message 7 of 10 (645 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@MrMida Your bios is from March 2018. There was an update to it in June this year. Here's a link to what I believe is your mobo:https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B360M-PRO-VH.html

Once you update, launch the game and let us know if the problem persists. Give it 2 or 3 tries with alt+f4 if it doesnt work right away since it may not fully fix the issue but at least allow you to workaround for now.

Either way, a bios update never hurts....unless it does haha

Message 8 of 10 (622 Views)

★★ Novice
@Shadowjones No difference. Tried it at least five times. Loading kept going forever.
Message 9 of 10 (584 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My last ditch effort in an attempt to get it to work then in out of ideas.

Lots of small programs interfere with Squadrons. Minimize your startup list with only essentials and see if there is any change.

Ctrl + Alt + Del -> Startup tab

Disable anything non crucial like update services etc.

Reboot

Ctrl + Alt + Del again and pinpoint anything else you may be able to shut down.

Could also run msconfig (Start menu ‐> type msconfig -> enter) and check services and disable ones you dont feel are needed.

Along with this you could also try unplugging any unnecessary usb accessories, disable secondary monitors. Restart. Cross fingers.

Other than that I'm sadly all out of ideas. If I have time later I'll try to do a deeper dive into your dxdiag and see if anything major strikes me.

Good luck to you and hopefully something comes from this 

Message 10 of 10 (563 Views)