Long connection

by MeWhiskey

Original Post

Long connection

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

here's what I have going on:
there is a long connection to the server after clicking the "continue" button
then the error "the connection to the server has expired" comes out and all over again
If you change the server, it starts up in the lobby, but when the match starts, the game freezes in the lobby and nothing happens

Message 1 of 18 (746 Views)

Re: Long connection

Community Manager

Hi @MeWhiskey

Can we try out some troubleshooting to see if we can help stop this from happening? 

A good place to start would be with the basic connection troubleshooting steps from the EA Help website. If you're still having trouble after that check out the PC-specific steps as well. Let me know how it goes when you can. 

Thanks!

Kent.png
Message 2 of 18 (666 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Kent Hey! I have done these steps several times. The only thing, there was a problem with a clean boot of Windows, I had to reinstall it. Then I downloaded the apex and all the same problem

Message 3 of 18 (645 Views)

★ Apprentice
I read that updating video card drivers helped several players, but I both reinstalled and rolled back to a previous version, but nothing helped. I removed Windows updates, transferred the apex from Origin to Steam. blew different accounts. The most interesting thing is that if you endure endless loading, strong lags in the lobby and a couple of reconnections, then you can play. But this is still not very convenient, since it takes 15-20 minutes to enter the game.
Message 4 of 18 (640 Views)

Community Manager

@MeWhiskey 

Thank you for giving that a try!

When you have the chance can you share a DxDiag so we can take a look? You can find more information on how to pull one up at the EA Help website. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. 

Thanks!

Kent.png
Message 5 of 18 (593 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Message 6 of 18 (567 Views)

Community Manager

@MeWhiskey 

Thanks! I appreciate that. 

Looking through the diagnostics in the DxDiag I noticed there were some errors happening with some Windows processes. I'm curious if that might be related to the issues you've been seeing with Apex Legends. 

Can you try running the Windows System File Checker to see if that helps? If there are any issues with these Windows processes that should be able to find and correct them. You can find more information on how to run the tool at the Microsoft Support website. Let me know if you're still having any trouble with Apex Legends after that. 

Thanks again!

Kent.png
Message 7 of 18 (533 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Kent  Windows Resource Protection found no integrity violations.

Message 8 of 18 (507 Views)

Community Manager

@MeWhiskey 

Thanks for giving that a shot!

What happens if you start your PC in a Clean Boot before launching Apex Legends? That way if there's anything else running that could be causing the connection issues that may help to get around it. 

You can find more info on how to set up a Clean Boot at the EA Help website. Once you've had the chance to give that a shot please let me know. Thanks again. 

Kent.png
Message 9 of 18 (490 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Kent it also didn't help

Message 10 of 18 (488 Views)