Re: Long Load Times

by TheSplynncryth

Original Post

Long Load Times

★ Apprentice

I decided to play the game again for the first time in a long time after getting a new PC build. My initial problem with this game was I could not run it and loading times were very poor and now returning to still long load times on a good build.

Specs;

i7-7700k 4.2GHz

1080ti OC

16GB 2400Mhz RAM

Samsung 960 SSD 500GB

Have been able to run every other game I've played extremely well with 0 issues. 

So I'll describe my loading issues more in depth, it is mainly going from a game to another and going from a game back to the main menu. Every time it loads into another map its is the finish screen that starts the 1:00 timer, that whole timer ticks over and puts me on another time which starts at 1:50 and I always get put in the game late. When I load into the main menu it takes upwards of 2 minutes some times and every time I return to the main menu I get barraged with "sorry we couldn't give you your reward" errors.

And I might mention, I am not sure if this is just how it is but my PC was only achieving 70-80FPS on Jakku on Ultra 1080P whilst I can run most games 4K on Ultra at that frame rate.

Message 1 of 9 (1,103 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Welcome back to the same game. They still haven't fixed these issues... Among many others that plague the ability to just have some fun for a couple of hours.
Message 2 of 9 (1,066 Views)

Hero

Could it be an issue with your SSD? Could you install the game to a mechanical hard drive to compare loading speed?

If you have set the game to run on DirectX 12, try DirectX 11 instead.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 9 (1,051 Views)

★★★★ Novice

my game is also running off a fast samsung evo 2 tb ssd drive, same issues, long loading times for levels and character moves in slow motion. i have posted another thread about the slow motion but only one guy is trying to help me. its not my pc rig its not my connection, its the game hands down. all other games play at 3440 x 1440 res on ultra settings. 

Message 4 of 9 (991 Views)

Community Manager

@acuraice 

Would you mind attaching a DxDiag so we can take a look at your system specs if you're still coming across this?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 9 (895 Views)

★★★★ Novice

bro. ive been had a post about this game's * performance of many months with limited help or responses. check out my original thread

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Slow-motion-wonky-controls-for-character-amp-drone/m-p/75...

Message 6 of 9 (884 Views)

Community Manager

@acuraice 

The DxDiag in your original post shows an older version of Windows 10 and the video card you have needs the latest driver update. Any way you can update to build 1809 and download the latest driver from Nvidia's site or the GeForce Experience

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 9 (870 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

i now have the current driver, in fact ive installed many new driver updates since the original post as well as getting the anakin update and another one i believe. the game still runs in slow motion at at most time it stutters...

ive attached an updated dxdiag

Message 8 of 9 (859 Views)

Community Manager

@acuraice 

You have a pretty nice setup. Have you tried playing in borderless with DX12 disabled to see if there is any difference in performance? I'm curious if lowering the resolution helps a bit to where you can find the perfect setting to play on without it going in slow motion.

We've seen reports of slow motion gameplay on the forums here and when some players submitted their trace routes a lot came back with very high ping, so it could be network related as well.

Try running a UO Trace to see how your connection is reaching our servers. You can at least identify whether it could be connectivity related.

Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Star Wars Battlefront II Ports

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 9 (822 Views)