Logitech G29 not working on PC !

by GoldenGenkidama

Original Post

Re: Logitech G29 not working on PC !

★ Novice
valla hepsini denedim olmadı dediklerinizin,ets2 de ne güzel direk algılıyo sorunsuz,uğraştırmasız mis gibi oynuyorum,ama bu nfs paybacte bu nedir ya,direksiyon seti alıyoruz,sonra uğraş dur, sıkıntıya girdim, böle sıkıntılarla karşılaşıcaksak ne diye bu seti aldık, haksızmıyım sizce? yanlış anlamayın teşekkürler...
Message 11 of 20 (19,992 Views)

★★★ Newbie

G29 in combination with PC and the switch set to PS4 in not without any problem.

The wheel and most of the buttons work fine. Except switching gears while driving doesn't work.

Strangly the gear buttons work to tab in the menus but while drive it doesn't work.

The only way to play is to drive with one hand on the wheels and one hand on the arrow up button on the keyboard.

Any solution to this very ackward problem?

Message 12 of 20 (19,597 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Added to Library: January 25, 2019

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763)

Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB

FF Driver Version: 8.85.0075.0000

I was able to get this working after having the same problem. The wheel wasn't being recognized in Payback but was working normally in NFS16. 

• The fix in my situation was uninstalling the driver software from Device Manager, making sure to choose the one NOT labeled (HID).
  • This prompted me Yes or No to whether or not I wanted to Uninstall the driver software.
  • I selected Yes.
  • Then, I went to Start > Settings (icon) > Devices > Right clicked on Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB > Remove Device.
  • Uninstalled the Logitech Gaming Software
  • Restart PC
  • The wheel reacted several times doing this process, I didn't touch it.
  • Reinstalled Logitech Gaming Software.
  • Then, unplugged the USB / Plugged it back in and it prompted plug n play again, this installed said it was getting the device ready.

I then started NFS Payback and the wheel finally worked. I noticed that the force feedback didn't kick in until I ran into another car. Then, all was working normally. 
Please let me know if that doesn't work.

Message 13 of 20 (18,341 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Added to Library: January 25, 2019

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763)

Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB

FF Driver Version: 8.85.0075.0000

I was able to get this working after having the same problem. The wheel wasn't being recognized in Payback but was working normally in NFS16.

The fix in my situation was uninstalling the driver software from Device Manager, making sure to choose the one NOT labeled (HID).
This prompted me Yes or No to whether or not I wanted to Uninstall the driver software.
I selected Yes.
Then, I went to Start > Settings (icon) > Devices > Right clicked on Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB > Remove Device.
Uninstalled the Logitech Gaming Software
Restart PC
The wheel reacted several times doing this process, I didn't touch it.
Reinstalled Logitech Gaming Software.
Then, unplugged the USB / Plugged it back in and it prompted plug n play again, this installed said it was getting the device ready.
I then started NFS Payback and the wheel finally worked. I noticed that the force feedback didn't kick in until I ran into another car. Then, all was working normally.
Please let me know if that doesn't work.
Message 14 of 20 (18,342 Views)

★★★ Novice
Check my G29 solution thread
Message 15 of 20 (18,279 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Dude, My head was spinning after I bought a G29 this fixed it Thanks Mate.

Message 16 of 20 (17,742 Views)

★ Novice

hello my logitech G29 will not register at all with assetto corsa i have updated and reinstalled count less times and cannot get it to register in the game any help would be appriciated

Message 17 of 20 (17,357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you get it working?

Message 18 of 20 (15,961 Views)

★★★ Newbie
if your steering wheel cannot be detected by games, then watch this video to solve the problem
https://youtu.be/qZnIU9K4T8w
Message 19 of 20 (4,843 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Try this solution
https://youtu.be/qZnIU9K4T8w
Message 20 of 20 (4,839 Views)