Re: Login Server issues.

by Talamaine

Original Post

@Talamaine

Take the system to a clean boot per this link and see if login works ok , the launcher should be able to login but the patching wont work unless the service called bitraider minisupport service stub loader is left enabled. dont forget to go back to normal boot after testing

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 11 of 21 (571 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sorry for the delay, I didn't know you thought of something else.. email fail.. Standard smile 

Anyway, I tried that and I also tried and made sure the bitraider program was active and still no go. 

Funny thing though. It was working fine this weekend and then I tried again on Monday and boom. Back to not working. I really think this is server side. 

Thanks tons for your help Proxos666!

Message 12 of 21 (558 Views)

@Talamaine

That is bizarre

That sort of behavior i would expect from parental controls , it doubt it is server side.

be interesting to see if it works the weekend again ? 

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 13 of 21 (550 Views)

★ Apprentice

Parental controls I dont use since it is just me using the pc. But yea It'd be interesting to see if it starts up again this weekend. working that is LOL 

Message 14 of 21 (542 Views)

@Talamaine

Is there any change if you use a VPN ? can test with say www.hotspotshield.com can uninstall it later

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 15 of 21 (531 Views)

★ Apprentice

@proxos666

Hey there. I'm trying the VPN now just to fiddle with it. Hey if it works.. Standard smile 

Also, I did a tracert on Launchpad.swtor.com. It's possible i've have a problem there. 11 hops. I know typically anything over what is it like 8 or so some programs have problems with. It's just strange that it works last friday and then next time you try it doesn't work. Nothing on the system changed. No new installs. Perhaps an update some place i don't know of though. obviously some thing broke it heh. I tried the other day turning off completely my routers firewall, nortons firewall. and I'm using IoBit software which the firewall is disabled. I've disabled everything also and no change. Silly thing. 

Message 16 of 21 (522 Views)

@Talamaine

8 is fine its when it is past 30 hops that issues occur 

what is odd is it working on the weekend then stopping again which ISP maybe BGP configuration on certain loads changes the path ? all guesswork though at present

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 17 of 21 (518 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Talamaine

Does Iobit block ports ? I am leaning towards a port block of some description

I have found sometimes a program needs to be uninstalled as disable doesn't always mean disabled

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 18 of 21 (514 Views)

★ Apprentice

@proxos666

Supposedly it doesn't block ports (IoBit program). However, I am familiar with what you said about it saying it isn't blocking ports but is. I've seen this before with a program  I used to support. It is worth a shot uninstalling it. I'll give that a go as well. 

Message 19 of 21 (503 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well, the thing becomes more interesting. I double checked on the Windows Firewall which is _suppose_ to be off. It says it is managed by Norton. Anyway, I found it on. Soooo I turned it off and a different VPN program I tried did connect. I couldn't connect to the game but hey. the other, and one you recommended Hotspot?, doesn't like to connect. So now I'm trouble shooting that too LOL So you have to be right. Something on my end. I just can't figure out what. I'm going to go to bed and debate the whole reformat thing. Windows 10 acts buggy anyway. Just hate doing it if I don't have too. Anyway, Have fun and thanks for all your help! I mean it! 

Message 20 of 21 (483 Views)