Re: Login Error Loop

by ThatDudeOnUrTeam

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Login Error Loop

★★ Novice

Cheers All,

returning after a few years I'm stuck on the logon stage, receiving the - extremely helpful - message "Login Failed".

Tried a few things, with rather limited success:

1. Recovering my display name - succeeded, it was what I thought it was

2. Resetting my password - failed, with an enigmatic "An error occurred" GTFO message

3. Detaching my Security Key - failed, since you need to log on first

4. Logging on from Origin - failed, much as I thought it would (but I'm a dreamer, clearly)

Now, I'm sure my password is the correct one, since it was still stored in my browser, but perhaps it expired? The Security Key (which was oh so helpful so far, really glad I bought into the hype and installed it) accepted my Serial number (taken from Origin) and the app is synced. Stuck in a vicious (if somewhat funny) loop here - can't log in with my credentials, can't change my credentials without loggin in, support doesn't pick up the phone.

Is the game dead, should I just move on? Don't want to create a new account, spent way too much on it already... Any help will be, well, helpful. And if this is a common thing, in the sense that players from 2-3 years back are just screwed, I'd appreciate knowing, at least I won't waste (more) energy and nerves on this.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (1,442 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★ Novice

In case this helps someone...

Origin was the issue. In addition to being a general pain in the app, Origin evidently enforces its' own password on ToR. Hence the Key couldn't work (since the PW was incorrect), nor could I reset (since the Key was blocking).

The solution was to decouple the Key and then use Origin's PW.

Obvs, right? Time well spent :D

Cheers.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,339 Views)

All Replies

@ThatDudeOnUrTeam 

Give Swtor support a call the lines haves just come back from covid restrictions , they can get you sorted

Phone Support – For any Account, Payment, or Technical issues our Customer Service team is here for you! You can reach them via the following numbers:

• USA: 1-(855)-345-2186 (Phone support available from 10.00 CT - 19.00 CT)
  • UK: +44 (0) 208 1969 890 (Phone support available from 15.00 GMT - 00.00 GMT)
  • Germany: +33 (0) 4 81 68 10 51 (Phone support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)
  • France: + 49 (0) 221 8282 9212 (Phone support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 3 (1,428 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

In case this helps someone...

Origin was the issue. In addition to being a general pain in the app, Origin evidently enforces its' own password on ToR. Hence the Key couldn't work (since the PW was incorrect), nor could I reset (since the Key was blocking).

The solution was to decouple the Key and then use Origin's PW.

Obvs, right? Time well spent :D

Cheers.

Message 3 of 3 (1,340 Views)