Re: Log in

by Alandragonbone

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★ Novice

firstly, why don't you have an email option so I can report account problems... I am hardly going to post my account details, log in and password here am I??????

Why can I log in to my account online via a web browser but all I get is my details are incorrect when I try logging into the game using exactly the same details ?????

All I get is continual downloading and logging problems through Origin but you, EA, can't be bothered to respond to my communications... sort this or my Origin subs are being canceled and I will go elsewhere.

If your a snotty nosed troll, don't even think of replying, constructive help is what is required not some morons rantings!

Message 1 of 6 (740 Views)

Accepted Solution

@winterz999 

If your origin password doesnt work ? as it can take precedence you are best to call swtor cs so they can look at their end what is occurring when you try to login

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (679 Views)

All Replies

@Alandragonbone 

Just to confirm you are having issues with swtor ?, just checking given you mention origin issues and i can move your post to another forum if incorrectly posted.

if issue is with swtor launcher, offhand i would try copying and pasting the username from the browser login if doing it at www.swtor.com into the launcher, if that fails you will need to call swtor cs (link to numbers)

They only deal with account issues over the phone in 99% cases due to their requirement to verify you as the account owner.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 2 of 6 (717 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem keeps saying my password and display name are wrong but i know for a fact they are correct, same thing happens when i try and login through the website, just came back to swtor a few days ago and even subbed again really hoping for some sort of fix or an answer to this problem.

Message 3 of 6 (686 Views)

@winterz999 

If your origin password doesnt work ? as it can take precedence you are best to call swtor cs so they can look at their end what is occurring when you try to login

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 6 (680 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey thank you so much I didn't even think about my orgin/EA password just tried it and it worked, again thank you so much!:eahigh_file:

Message 5 of 6 (672 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

OK, thank you all for the wonderfully positive replies and your assistance, it is much appreciated, a BIG thank you to all.

I have resolved the issue, I canceled my EA/Origin subscription (won't be doing that again!! as nothing worked, Madden 19, Fifa 18, Apex Legends, nothing except the very early stuff like Populous!)  As soon as I had uninstalled, I logged in to SWTOR and it worked like a dream.

Just for info proxos666, I was trying to login to the game using the SWTOR launcher directly (not via the Origin game launcher, although I did try that) with the login and password, as well as an authenticator that is registered to the account that I have used for years to log in to SWTOR.
However, when I tried logging in I was sent a link for a one-off password via email that when I copied and pasted it was incorrect, that also raises a question of why, if I am using an authenticator, was I sent a one-off password via email? apparently, my system wasn't recognized despite the fact I am using the same PC system and internet Service Provider etc. I have been using to log in to SWTOR for years.

Also, I would just add for info purposes, I am not able to call as my internet line is strictly that, internet only, I do not have a telephone and/or tv package included nor do I have a mobile phone to be able to call because I am a disabled unemployed ex-serviceman who unfortunately has to do without certain things in life because I cannot afford them, I prefer an internet connection rather than a telephone and go without tv, hence my comment about having an alternative contact option.

Thanks again for the great response and speedy replies, thank you Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (549 Views)