by mildish-cheddar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★ Novice

When I go to login, all other internet actions are cut off. My party goes silent and eventually I am disconnected. I can’t receive messages or invites. Usually it gives me an error 100 sometimes it says PlayStation network is down even though it very much is not. When it does let me login I can’t be in a party or anything else that might take away from logging in and even then it doesn’t work half the time. I’ve tried different servers, joining friends lobbies, changing dns, deleting and reinstalling. Nothing had made much of a difference. 

Message 1 of 8 (433 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Log in shenanigans

Community Manager

@mildish-cheddar 

If you're unable to use a wire due to the router being too far away, that's probably the issue. Wireless is unreliable and prone to disconnects/lag. Especially when the signal has to travel through walls and/or floors. This gets worse when there are other devices sharing the same connection. It's worse still when anyone is streaming media while you're playing. Until you get wired, or at a minimum, closer to the router, this will continue to happen. You can try changing the wireless channel you're using. That may help. You also could look into getting a powerline adaptor. Those have been a good solution for some.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (264 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @mildish-cheddar.

I'll see if I can help find out what's going on with this. Let's start with the basics. I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 8 (388 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I’ve tried these things as well. Sometimes it randomly lets me in after enough attempts, sometimes i never make it in, and sometimes there’s no problem at all. Also, sometimes my friends say I’m in their lobby even though I’ve never made it past the login screen. Resetting my mess of things like you suggested has worked before and it also has not worked
Message 3 of 8 (370 Views)

Community Manager

@mildish-cheddar 

Thanks for the additional details. We'll keep trying to figure this out. Are you playing on a wired or wireless connection?

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 8 (344 Views)

★ Novice

Wireless connection which is consistently strong

Message 5 of 8 (314 Views)

Community Manager

@mildish-cheddar 

Can you switch to a wired connection or is your router too far away?

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 8 (300 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I would love nothing more than to wire in if I could. More fund facts yesterday I made it into the game in under 5 seconds when the day before it took me almost an hour of trying before I gave up. I check my internet everytime and it’s never below 30 down so my connection isn’t the inconsistency and very likely isn’t the issue
Message 7 of 8 (285 Views)

Community Manager

@mildish-cheddar 

If you're unable to use a wire due to the router being too far away, that's probably the issue. Wireless is unreliable and prone to disconnects/lag. Especially when the signal has to travel through walls and/or floors. This gets worse when there are other devices sharing the same connection. It's worse still when anyone is streaming media while you're playing. Until you get wired, or at a minimum, closer to the router, this will continue to happen. You can try changing the wireless channel you're using. That may help. You also could look into getting a powerline adaptor. Those have been a good solution for some.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 8 (265 Views)