Re: Locked out of my account

by shadowknight1880

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Locked out of my account

★ Novice

I can not log into my SWTOR account. I have an older security token from when the game first came out. Any time I log on the website I get the error "Log in Failed", I thought that maybe my password was wrong. So I went to reset it. At that password reset page, I fill out everything including the security code and I get the error "An error has occurred" at the top. I thought that maybe I might of removed the security token and forgot doing so. The tiny text says to leave blank if I don't have a security token attached to the account. So I did but when I try to reset my password without the security code, it tells me the code is required. There IS a security token attached to my account but I keep getting an error when trying to reset my password.

So I can not reset my password and can not access my account. I can not remove the security token because I have been unable to finish resetting my password.

Message 1 of 4 (298 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Umbrose 

You will need to call swtor cs to remove the security key manually, if both the password and security are amiss this is the easiest way to resolve

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (289 Views)

All Replies

@Umbrose 

You will need to call swtor cs to remove the security key manually, if both the password and security are amiss this is the easiest way to resolve

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 4 (290 Views)

★★★ Novice

first what you need to do is go to login screen of swtor click on "i forgot password" it will send an code to the email currently connected to the account than use that code to reset ur account for swtor password and if you're email is locked than reset password to that as well. basically is you need to reset password for the account they send a code to ur email.

Message 3 of 4 (276 Views)

★ Novice

@proxos666 You were absolutely right. I contacted support, they removed the key and I was able to reset the password no issue. Only took 10 minutes time on the phone and done. It was the old security key causing the issue.

Message 4 of 4 (256 Views)