Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Locked out of flirting with anyone after flirting with Reyes on Kadara

by AEdwardian

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

That’s what I thought at first, that I had been “locked in” with Reyes, but I hadn’t been.

I had been playing as a male Ryder and been flirty with virtually everyone that he could be, mainly to see what would happen. I noticed that the various flirt options vanished after Kadara but later found out that I had actually been locked in with Gil at some point prior. The log does list romances with Tempest crew and non-crew separately. The non-crew, so that’s Reyes Vidal, Keri T’Vessa, and Avela Kjar, are all listed there if you go further with them and seems to treat them like flings and not romantic relationships.

During my encounter with Keri, she did acknowledge that he was in a relationship with Gil and promises to be discreet, but on the flipside, the crew during stays on Kadara know that Ryder was with Reyes despite not being vocal about it.

So, the bigger problem seems to be unclear “locking in” points for romances, at least with the actual Tempest crew.

Message 11 of 13 (1,464 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's definitely Reyes, for me.  After choosing "I want you. Only you.", the Romantic Entanglements codex says, "After a disastrous first 'date', you're in an exclusive relationship with the notorious Charlatan and secret leader of Kadara Port, Reyes Vidal."  This is playing as Sara; it could be different for Scott?

I was able to have a fling with Keri later, but never again with Peebee.

Message 12 of 13 (1,451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It's bad design for a side character with a very minor romance storyline on one of the first planets in the main quest to lock you out of an actual romance with one of the main characters.

Message 13 of 13 (1,425 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help