Re: Lobby with 1 or 2 player team

by lDemexl

Original Post

Lobby with 1 or 2 player team

★★ Novice

Hi all,

I've been having a lot of trouble with incomplete team formation in the lobby matchmaking during season 3 and 4 mostly.

It is totally unfair to start the game with 2 people in a team vs full teams of 3p.

Also, I've very recently had a one person lobby - THERE WAS ONLY ME IN THE LOBBY and the game started. It was in ranked mode and I quit the game during the lobby, just to get a penalty for abandoning the match.. Again, unfair and to be honest quite annoying.

Am I the only one having these issues or are they quite common?

@Apex Team, please address this situation. I would rather wait a few extra seconds to get a proper 3 person lobby than going in solo or 2p vs full teams.

Message 1 of 9 (4,311 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@MarauderMao It’s no other explanation to this than that the people that would be in your team left while the timer counted down before the champ selection. Or if they crashed just after being sent into the match.
Message 2 of 9 (4,300 Views)

★★ Novice
@lDemexl OK, I understand that, but the lobby should go back to matchmaking if it cannot find the 1 or 2 other people needed to join the lobby in order to form a full team in the given time - not start the game anyway. That's my point.
Message 3 of 9 (4,284 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@MarauderMao The game already found the people as said and they are put in your team. The countdown isn’t the game starting, the game starts as fast as you leave the lobby to see the counter counting down. The people who leaves by then gets a penalty just like if they would leave at any other point in the game. Sry to say it but it’s just people crashing or leaving straight after the game starts and yes it might be annoying but there’s sadly no solution to it because if everyone that’s in the game at that point would have to restart the queue because of just 1 person leaving, then games could take up to 25 min before starting.
Message 4 of 9 (4,276 Views)

★★ Novice
@lDemexl I'm not talking about the situation when people disconnect during lobby. I mean when I start lobby and there is nobody there. their slot is grey.
Message 5 of 9 (4,265 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@MarauderMao So u queue up with friends and when the game starts they’re not in your game?
Message 6 of 9 (4,257 Views)

★★ Novice
@lDemexl No, I queue up solo and from the start of the lobby there is one or sometimes (not so often) two slots grayed out, meaning that 1 or 2 players left lobby or got disconnected, as you said, BUT- from THE BEGINNING of the lobby, not during.
So, in his case the matchmaking algo sometimes finds someone to replace one of the missing players but most times it start with those 1 or 2 missing players and then proceeds to start the game in this manner.
If I chose to leave the lobby I should get forgiveness in ranked, because I am already at a major disadvantage vs a full team.
In normal mode the lobby should reset to matchmaking if it detects that there are less than 3 players before game starts. Or at least have a toggle option for those who are willing to wait more, if waiting more is a byproduct.
I hope I described the issue correctly.
Message 7 of 9 (4,250 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@MarauderMao That’s exactly what I’ve described just now. Right when they should join the game they crash and get kicked so they doesn’t join your team. Or they Alt f4 during that same period of time. I said it before that the game starts as fast as you hear the “lock in” sound in your lobby. Not after picking champs it’s right when you leave the lobby to enter the champ selection that your teams are locked in and leaving the game before the team shows up down to the left is possible using the task manager or pressing alt f4
Message 8 of 9 (4,239 Views)

★★ Novice
@lDemexl I see your point and I understand that BUT in the end I don't care when or why people leave or crash.. if it affects my game experience directly (it's starting with a major disadvantage) then why not have a protocol in the game that monitors if there is a full squad joining the game, right before the ship drop screen, and if there are only 2 players in the team (ore one player as it happens sometimes) then you have forgiveness in ranked (no points lost) OR the option to quit the game altogether (not sure about this one but in the end why not).
Message 9 of 9 (4,172 Views)