Re: Lobby freezes, started today

by digi_a54

Original Post

Lobby freezes, started today

★★★★ Novice

I played last night with no issue other than the usual.  Tonight, loads to lobby and instantly freezes sound and video.  Crashes back to Xbox home screen with no error shown.  Shows a wrench moving around where the character should be.  Can't even get far enough to try a game.  Xb1x console.

Message 1 of 5 (409 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @digi_a54

There are a few things we can try that might help with this. 

First, can you try clearing the alternate MAC address on your Xbox to see if that makes any difference? To clear it open up your Xbox Settings, then go to Network Settings. From there go to Advanced Options and you should see the option there to clear the Alternate MAC Address. Once you select it the Xbox will restart. 

Let me know if you're still seeing the same issues in-game afterward. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 5 (342 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried multiple things, no luck.  Tried to send a video of it happening, didn't send the attachment from my phone for some reason and I kept it in the file size.  Uninstalled, doing a fresh install.  Sucks.  I'll know in 30 minutes or so if that fixes it.  

Octane was my lobby character, sometimes he would load for a second, sometimes just the wrench, but always froze.

I'll still try to get you guys the video.  I am a dev and have zero doubt it was a bug, but probably very specific to my case so I'll try to give good info.

Message 3 of 5 (315 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well, it won't allow video upload.  I'll put it somewhere and link it when I get time.

Message 4 of 5 (303 Views)

Community Manager

@digi_a54 

I appreciate the updates!

I wonder if this may actually be connection-related rather than an issue with the game data itself. Can we try out some troubleshooting steps to see if that helps at all? A good place to start off would be with the basic connection steps from the EA Help website. If the same issue keeps happening after that check out the Xbox-specific steps as well. 

Let me know how that goes when you have the chance. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 5 (254 Views)