Lobbies fail to load and we lose ranking points

by Flatulent_Rancor

Original Post

Lobbies fail to load and we lose ranking points

Five times today after (spending an eternity) searching for a Fleet Battle game, a match has been found only for our entire group to be kicked back to the menu without entering the lobby. We get error code 209 (or no error at all) and lose 50 ranking points for the privilege. There was no option to re-join the lobby. At no point today did we have more than one player in the group from the same county so I'm pretty sure the issue must be the servers and not our connections. 

When ranking points are so hard to come by due to the low player base is is particularly annoying that you take them away because of poor quality/poorly maintained servers.

Additionally the game (and other EA games) frequently gives 721 error codes upon launch or at random.

Please address the issues your servers have been having over the last few weeks!

Message 1 of 12 (983 Views)

Re: Lobbies fail to load and we lose ranking points

★★ Novice

Yep, very consistent error 721 on start up for Battlefront 2 and Squadrons over the last few weeks.

Message 2 of 12 (958 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem here on Origin.

Message 3 of 12 (916 Views)

Still happening. Today it has happened twice from two search attempts. Both time it gave the "kicked by match administrator" error and docked me 50 points. Great user experience.

Message 4 of 12 (883 Views)

STAR WARS: Squadrons BUG REPORT: Match Administrator Error-Related SR Point Loss

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

When Fleet Battles servers experience a Match Administrator Error, it results in the server failing to load the match, kicking all 10 players out of the pre-game lobby, and incorrectly applying the "Leaver Penalty" with the 50 SR Point Loss Penalty to all 10 players.

This bug happens 100% of the time that there is a server-related Match Administrator Error. Nobody chose to leave or quit the game early, and everyone is punished. This makes grinding for unlockable helmets excruciatingly frustrating for the average player, who may spend 10-20 minutes looking for a match, winning an average of 10-20 SR Points per win, only to have the SR won from a streak of 2 to 5 (sometimes more) wins erased by the not uncommon Match Administrator Error.

During the last operation, I experienced over a dozen of these Match Administrator Errors by myself. If I consider my experience to be average (or even on the lower end of the spectrum, since I'm in a well-serviced area as far as ISP and server distance is concerned), that could amount to hundreds or thousands of matches experiencing this bug when spread across the player base.

The bottom line is that this penalty is being incorrectly to server-related failures, and if that cannot be remedied or coded to be distinguishable from actual "leavers," it should be removed altogether.

Ideally, I'd like to see fewer servers experiencing this error, but when it does happen, I'd also ultimately love to see the entire lobby not be punished for it.

Message 5 of 12 (986 Views)

Match Administrator Error Bug Report

★ Guide

Product: Star Wars: Squadrons

Platform: PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? PowerPaladin5419
Are you playing in VR? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Ranked Fleet Battles.

What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. Waiting in a match lobby for the game to start.

Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Ranked Fleet Battles Lobby.

When did this happen? 4/23/2022
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Can’t play.
What happens when the bug occurs? The server kicks all 10 players out of the lobby due to a “Match Administrator” error and removes 50 SR Points from all 10 players even though no one intended to leave the match.

What do you expect to see? No “Match Administrator” errors, or, at least, no SR Point loss.

Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." Any.

What components were you using? Any.

Which customizations (if any) were you using? Any.

Message 6 of 12 (808 Views)

Re: Match Administrator Error Bug Report

Community Manager

@PowerPaladin541 

This is what this error means.

You have been kicked by the Match Administrator

• "Error 204 - You have been kicked by the Match Administrator" can sometimes be seen in standard Dogfight and Fleet Battle. This means that the sever kicked all players out of the game for some internal error.

Source: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-STAR-WARS-Games/SW-Squadrons-Known-Issues-amp-Announcements/m-p/9526...

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 12 (736 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry We know what the error means. We want the 50 SR Point penalty for the error being the fault of the server removed. It makes getting unlockables an absolute pain because this happens frequently.
Message 8 of 12 (729 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry So, like, yes or no? A 50 SR Point deduction for a "leaver penalty" is so frustrating when you didn't "leave." It's a horrible user experience.
Screenshot 2022-04-25 132042.png

Message 9 of 12 (721 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry Also, just to lodge a complaint, this is a 13-month old thread, and this is the first time a single CM has commented on this person's problem. I know your first job is to let people know why this is happening, but it's very clearly understood why it's happening. Their thread was about how bad of an experience this is. It's been 13 months, and nobody has addressed or attempted to change the root of the problem.

That's a huge customer service issue, and I know it's not specifically your fault. It makes EA look terrible.

Message 10 of 12 (712 Views)