Re: Loading game from the cloud failed

by rosie_rapunzel

Original Post

Loading game from the cloud failed

★★ Novice

After downloading the game onto a new device, I started the game and selected load saved game from the cloud. The game then started the tutorial and had glitches - only the characters head was floating around. And the progress was stuck - the task wouldn't complete and move onto the next. Seeing it was stuck I deleted the game and redownloaded so I could load my previously saved game again. But this time my game wasn't there, the new game full of glitches was.

When I immediately checked on my old device (I was still logged into the game on that device). My game data was replaced by that new game.

I've been communicating with EA advisors from the 20th of Jan. They are not able to restore my game. And I've gone through all their troubleshooting steps.

My game was connected to google play. I have a number of google play receipts for in game purchases (which EA is not able to use to trace the game data). I don't know my original user ID or whether I had the game connected to my EA account.

Is anyone able to help?

Message 1 of 6 (1,115 Views)

★★★ Guide
Message 2 of 6 (1,061 Views)

★★ Novice
@KatlaStorm
Thank you for replying.

I contacted support again and they confirm that this case is at a dead end. There's no fix unless I have the original ID.
I spent more money than I should have on this game and I'm not sure what chance I have of getting it back - since they are google play purchases, EA can't help.
I'm trying to talk to google to see what can be done about a refund now. I really hope this doesn't happen to anyone else...
Message 3 of 6 (1,033 Views)

★★★ Guide
@rosie_rapunzel
Oh, no! I’m sorry to hear this, but I guess it’s always good to have receipts. I wish there was a sign on the opening page of this game telling us no make a note of the player ID (for example print screen), because it seems there are a number of players that don’t realise how important this is. Whishing you all the best of luck!
Message 4 of 6 (1,017 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Still a work in progress. NOTE: the "NEW GAME" full of glitches might your old account. Did it revert to level 1? I know that they say that they can't do anything about your lost player ID, but when you look at your glitched version, was your primary character still there? Were you still stuck on the level 1 tutorial? Start your game, make sure it's still selected on the "glitched" account and check the player ID for on the START screen. Contact EA help and request a roll-back on your device. Your account is glitched and they may be able to roll-back to the time where you have your most recent receipt. I got my account back, but it still has a few glitches, but I had to convince the advisors, it was still the same player ID

Message 5 of 6 (872 Views)

★★ Novice
@lizzielou525 Yeah it was stuck on the tutorial. It wasn't my character though (at least I don't think it was - only a female head with no hair was floating around). I have the user ID of that glitch game saved. But if I log in now, it's a different user id because I had to delete and reinstalled, restart etc. while following troubleshooting steps.
I will give it another go and contact an advisor again.

Thank you for responding
Message 6 of 6 (860 Views)