Loading Screen takes Forever / Connection to server timed out (code:net)

by -OkzYDakzY-

Original Post

Loading Screen takes Forever / Connection to server timed out (code:net)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hi there
Since about 3-4 days, the following happens:

When I start Apex, everything works as usual and the "main" screen appears (at the moment, showing Valkyrie and Crypto). I then click the left mouse button. Now the, black loading screen appears and takes very long to load (about 5-10 minutes). Afterwards, I'm in the game lobby. When I now try to switch from "Trios" to ranked, first the game becomes non-responsible and afterwards throws me back to the Valkyrie / Crypto screen with the message 

connection to server timed out (code:net)

When I now try to reconnect, again it takes some minutes on the loading screen and finally I'm in and can play ranked games. However, this is very annoying because it always takes up to 15 minutes until I'm ready to play (I retried it, its always the same beveiour). 

What I tried, without success:
- Flush DNS cache and re-install IP / TCP stack

- Clear game cache

- Start game as Administrator

- Use different servers (I'm using Frankfurt as usual, but I tried also Amsterdam and Belgium)

- Update drivers (NIC, graphics card etc. everything is up to date)

- Run dsm restore health and sfc scan now

All other online games work fine so far. I'm playing on Windows 10 with the newest OS updates.

Is there anything more I can try / do?

Message 1 of 9 (1,259 Views)

Re: Loading Screen takes Forever / Connection to server timed out (code:net)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey,

I've been having the exact same issues with the game ever since the Genesis update dropped. The loading screen takes forever and when I finally do get in game, changing modes kicks me because of 'server timeout'. I play the game primarily on pc with a controller on the Origin launcher.

I even made a reddit post about this issue and they directed me here. So far, I haven't found a fix.

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/obfdfh/issues_with_codenet_post_genesis_update/

Platform - PC (Origin)

Username - Aerynyx

Message 2 of 9 (1,209 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Aerynyx Seems like I'm not the only one facing this issue when looking at the topics in this forums.
Is there any response of Respawn that they're aware of this and working on it?

Message 3 of 9 (1,179 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

They haven't made any statements and there aren't any replies to similar threads last time I checked. 

Message 4 of 9 (1,148 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the exact issues,. also my game crash when I change modes sometimes, first it stutter, then crash.

Other threads suggested the whole issue is related to sound files in the latest patch. and it makes a lot of sense

You are right, they don't even acknowledge us and even suggest all sorts of "fixes" like reinstalling the game, which makes it much worse. 

since it's clearly not a problem on our end but with the game files.

Message 5 of 9 (1,137 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thats annoying, there are dozens of "fixes" they suggest but none of them work. Seems clearly a problem by the game itself since everything else works and the game worked before the update too.

Message 6 of 9 (1,124 Views)

★ Novice

I have exactly the same issue, it's so annoying!

Message 7 of 9 (1,112 Views)

Message 8 of 9 (1,104 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Didn't work for me. Already tried.

Message 9 of 9 (1,091 Views)