Loading Screen Crashes out at ~25% - Need For Speed Heat

by OSnapItzCupcakez

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Loading Screen Crashes out at ~25% - Need For Speed Heat

★★★ Novice

Currently waiting on a "verify/repair" to complete, but I am just now getting around to actually playing this game - I launch the game, get in to the menu, hit "Play Solo", it goes to a loading screen, and about 1/4 of the way through the loading bar, it has an audio stutter, the screen freezes for a second, then the game closes/crashes with no error screen or anything, back to desktop.

Should be noted this computer runs literally every game I throw at it just fine, it is NOT overclocked in any way as it doesn't need to be to run games, especially games like this.

Specs are as follows:

AMD 5950X, Asus Crosshair VIII Hero, 4x8GB G.Skill RAM (running at 3600 CL14 which is lower than it's spec), eVGA RTX 3090 Kingpin w/HC Block on it, eVGA 1200W P2 PSU, game is on a Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD (Windows is on a different drive), Samsung Odyssey G9 Monitor (5120 x 1440 @ 120Hz for the game settings)

I'm sure there's some thread here already about how to fix this, but I searched the phrase "crash on loading screen" and didn't find anything that matched what I'm experiencing, so wondering what would be the recommended things to check next if this verify/repair doesn't work.

Things I've already done:

Closed MSI Afterburner, disabled Origin In-Game Overlay, disabled HDR - none of these made the issue go away, and it happens at the same area of the loading bar every time, about 1/4 of the way through.  I don't have a dedicated Anti-Virus software running other than what's included with Windows, as having one running in the background causes issues for some other games I play.

Message 1 of 3 (402 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Loading Screen Crashes out at ~25% - Need For Speed Heat

Community Manager

@OSnapItzCupcakez 

Thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (387 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@OSnapItzCupcakez 

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (388 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey, my friend just gifted me the game on steam and im having the exact same issue, what exactly fixed it for you? (I hope you are reading this eventho its almost 3 years later :D High hopes)

Message 3 of 3 (75 Views)