Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Extremely Long Load Times On PC, How to Fix?

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Loading Issues

★★★★ Novice

Hello there!

There is this one problem with the game I have had for quite a while now. The more I play, the more annoying it gets...

Firstly, Im playing on PC. I installed SWBFII on a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB in order for it to load quick.

Well... its not loading quick at all. The first time Im starting the game I have to wait for about 4 minutes (measured that last time). Thats a bit annoying, but I can live with that.

Whats giving me more trouble is the following:

If I play a match and that match ends, I get to the end of the round screen like usual. After a short while I can hear the sounds of the next map (ambient sounds like explosions and stuff which are not playermade). However, the end of the round screen just stays there. I do not have the option to press a continue button (since it doesnt appear) I only get the option to quit.

Once the game starts (the starting countdown is over) the end of the round screen disappears and I instantly spawn into the game. I do not get into the spawing menu, Im spawning automatically without the option to choose a class or a character.

As you might be able to imagine, I am always the last person who can chose a hero or villain if I play HVV (which means I never get to play new characters unless I play GA) and not being able to pick a class or changing starcards before the round starts truly sucks.

So, in short - my game loads the next map pretty fast (I know that because I can hear the audio from the next map) but I am stuck in the end of the round screen until the next match starts so I dont get to pick a character or a class at the beginning.

I hope someone can help me with this D:

I have already tried repairing the game and I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times. Didnt help.

Message 1 of 5 (295 Views)

Extremely Long Load Times On PC, How to Fix?

★★★★ Novice

I've been dealing with load times that have varied between 1 minute to a max of 6 minutes since the game launched. With the recent release of capital supremacy, I redownloaded the game and the problem has persisted. 

A few things I should note:

I have reinstalled onto my HDD and that did not work.

Battlefront 2 IS currently installed on my SSD

I attempted to use the user.cfg fix and that did not work

I have not been able to limit my FPS. I have used MSI Afterburner, Nvidia Inspector and the in-game console commands and none of which worked.

I have tried using the DX12 setting on and off in Battlefront 2 and it has not helped.

This is the only game I have loading issues with. Is there a way to fix this or am I just SOL?

Specs:

GTX 1050ti

Intel Core i7-7700

Windows 10 (64bit)

DirectX 12

Message 2 of 5 (242 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@hawkeyesniper45 

Is your SSD also an 850 EVO?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 3 of 5 (198 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 4 of 5 (189 Views)

Re: Loading Issues

★★★★ Newbie

I don't know if it's the same problem, but yesterday it was working fine, today right after they did the hotfix the game just dose what you guys are saying.....has a long loading time at the start up of the game. The only thing is that mine just dosent stop loading, even after 7 minutes it is still loading.

Message 5 of 5 (181 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help