Extremely Long Load Times On PC, How to Fix?

by hawkeyesniper45

Original Post

Loading Issues

★★★★★ Novice

Hello there!

There is this one problem with the game I have had for quite a while now. The more I play, the more annoying it gets...

Firstly, Im playing on PC. I installed SWBFII on a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB in order for it to load quick.

Well... its not loading quick at all. The first time Im starting the game I have to wait for about 4 minutes (measured that last time). Thats a bit annoying, but I can live with that.

Whats giving me more trouble is the following:

If I play a match and that match ends, I get to the end of the round screen like usual. After a short while I can hear the sounds of the next map (ambient sounds like explosions and stuff which are not playermade). However, the end of the round screen just stays there. I do not have the option to press a continue button (since it doesnt appear) I only get the option to quit.

Once the game starts (the starting countdown is over) the end of the round screen disappears and I instantly spawn into the game. I do not get into the spawing menu, Im spawning automatically without the option to choose a class or a character.

As you might be able to imagine, I am always the last person who can chose a hero or villain if I play HVV (which means I never get to play new characters unless I play GA) and not being able to pick a class or changing starcards before the round starts truly sucks.

So, in short - my game loads the next map pretty fast (I know that because I can hear the audio from the next map) but I am stuck in the end of the round screen until the next match starts so I dont get to pick a character or a class at the beginning.

I hope someone can help me with this D:

I have already tried repairing the game and I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times. Didnt help.

Message 1 of 5 (784 Views)

Extremely Long Load Times On PC, How to Fix?

★ Novice

I've been dealing with load times that have varied between 1 minute to a max of 6 minutes since the game launched. With the recent release of capital supremacy, I redownloaded the game and the problem has persisted. 

A few things I should note:

I have reinstalled onto my HDD and that did not work.

Battlefront 2 IS currently installed on my SSD

I attempted to use the user.cfg fix and that did not work

I have not been able to limit my FPS. I have used MSI Afterburner, Nvidia Inspector and the in-game console commands and none of which worked.

I have tried using the DX12 setting on and off in Battlefront 2 and it has not helped.

This is the only game I have loading issues with. Is there a way to fix this or am I just SOL?

Specs:

GTX 1050ti

Intel Core i7-7700

Windows 10 (64bit)

DirectX 12

Message 2 of 5 (731 Views)

Re: Extremely Long Load Times On PC, How to Fix?

Community Manager

@hawkeyesniper45 

Is your SSD also an 850 EVO?

barry.png
Message 3 of 5 (687 Views)

Re: Extremely Long Load Times On PC, How to Fix?

★ Novice
Message 4 of 5 (678 Views)

Re: Loading Issues

★★★ Newbie

I don't know if it's the same problem, but yesterday it was working fine, today right after they did the hotfix the game just dose what you guys are saying.....has a long loading time at the start up of the game. The only thing is that mine just dosent stop loading, even after 7 minutes it is still loading.

Message 5 of 5 (670 Views)