Re: Load screen and right at start of games - DXGI error device hung

by Sick1Click

Original Post

Load screen and right at start of games - DXGI error device hung

★★★ Newbie

Game is constantly crashing with errors or sometimes without. I'll sometimes just open Apex and it will crash in the firing range, in the main menu, a few minutes into a game. I can't consistently pinpoint why it's crashing. All settings are on lowest they can be. 

Here are the scenarios that I run into:

Scenario 1:
After the error pops up the artifacts covers my game then it crashes and I'm back at my desktop with all the artifacts everywhere. 

Scenario 2:
Sometimes after the game starts artifacting, then crashes, sometimes everything freezes and my computer reboots.

Scenario 3:
Sometimes there are no errors, just artifacts, then game crashes and computer reboots.

Things I've tested:
Restarting the computer.

Windows updates.
Reinstalling GPU drivers.

Installing older GPU drivers. (Tried 10+ driver versions, all after clean removing the old drivers)
Resetting Windows. 
Reseating the GPU.
Tested on Origin and Steam install of Apex Legends.
Reinstalled the game.
Running in-game Vsync to adaptive
Capping FPS to 144
Capping FPS to 120
Windows Fullscreen Mode/ Fullscreen Mode

My PC:
Dell Aurora R10
Ryzen 3700x
32GB 3200mhz memory
2TB SSD NVME
Nvidia RTX 3080
144hz UW Monitor
Message 1 of 3 (486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Syypher 

The photo you attached is littered with artifacts that indicate too high GPU overclocking, that could be the culprit. I have a 3070 myself and had this error right after installing the graphics card. The error only disappeared after removing the graphics card and after cleaning the PCIe interface on the graphics card, since then I've never had it again. I also installed a graphics card holder so that it no longer sags. The de- and installation of C++ has often fixed this error for others, too.

Spoiler

Message 2 of 3 (418 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same problem here, but without the artifacts: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Device-Hung-error/m-p/9982123

Message 3 of 3 (368 Views)