List of current bugs/issues experienced to date (all ongoing)

by McGoughTheHermit

Original Post

List of current bugs/issues experienced to date (all ongoing)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi all,

Adding to the forum the list of bugs/issues I am currently experiencing in Squadrons so far.  I will add these issues to any stickied lists/threads if I don't see them reported there but will also keep my post up-to-date as my personal reference point.

I will remove issues and bugs from this list as they are patched and I can confirm they no longer affect my installation.

System specs:

i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz

32Gb DIMM DDR4 RAM (2x16Gb)

NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 Super

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

MFG Crosswind rudder pedals

List of bugs+issues:

1. Game unable to recognise rudder pedals.  Will sometimes admit to seeing one axis, but not the return axis.

2. Deadzones still seem large after patch.  Set to minimum values but can't really see any difference to the input.

3.  Mouse pointer suddenly not recognised on menu screen unless I hold down the right mouse button continuously.

*update* This only happens when I have the Warthog + MFG plugged in.  When I remove them and just have the Thrustmaster HOTAS (plastic one) then mouse functions normally.

4. Often load into a session (multiplayer or story/practice) with right yaw input at max even if I am not touching any controls.

5. Sometimes have extremely long (2-6 minutes) startup times before reaching main menu.  Only encountered so far when input devices have changed since last start.  No idea what is happening as game supplies no information on screen as to what it it trying to do (black screen with animated boxes icon in lower-right of screen is the entirety of the feedback supplied).

6. Extremely long load/unload times between main menu and hanger.  Starting game takes about 1 minute to get to main interface (unless input devices change, then see [5]).  Then takes 4-5 minutes to move from main menu to hangar bay, then 30-40 seconds to get into practice arena. Will then take another 2-5 minutes to load back into main menu from hangar bay when finished.

*update* This seems to have returned to normal levels - perhaps an initial setup issue?

7. Unnecessary requirement to 'unload' several times before actually able to log out.  Why is it necessary to move from Space-->Hangar Bay-->Main Menu before being given the option to quit the game?  You can go straight to main menu from in-flight, but the choice is hidden under the "options" sub-menu and not on the main menu page after pressing ESC.

Thanks

Message 1 of 1 (184 Views)