Re: Linux players getting banned

by EA_David

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
@Asmodeus566 Thank you for getting it out to a CM. It's at least something, considering that we have exactly 0 other options.
Message 41 of 494 (2,733 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Had the same issue. Banned from apex last Friday.

As a prestige 700 player with 1600+ hours and multiple heirlooms this is very frustrating given k just switched to Linux haha. I feel the pain of everyone in this thread.

Fedora 37 KDE

Proton-GE

Launch options: -dev mangohud gamemoderun %command% RADV_PERFTEST=gpl

Really hope we all get unbanned <3

Message 42 of 494 (2,628 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hey not a linux player but Play on PC steam also falsely banned a month ago. Please help me

Message 43 of 494 (2,466 Views)

★ Apprentice
@piewhat
So i actually got banned as well.
Yesterday when i tried to get into game of apex, a notification popped up saying "you go banned" or something like that. When i decided to look further into this i didn't see any reasoning on their site nor in my gmail inbox. Just a few hours later a mail arrived, again not saying anything.
I really hope this issue gets resolved.
Runner: I actually run it through lutris because i had some link issues with steam.
Launch options: I only have gamemoderun and +building_cubemaps 1 for 4:3 strached

ID: QKLY_VACBAN
Message 44 of 494 (2,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@stillkoyI am sorry but this really isn't the thread for you. If your issue is separate you probably should just try to email EA support in the hopes of a resolution. This thread is designed to bring awareness that there's something going on for people running Linux.

Oh I see that you have already emailed them multiple times. Sorry but there's not a lot we can do as your issue is clearly separate to the main topic here Frown

Message 45 of 494 (2,295 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The same happened to me a few days ago. I was about to run some games after work and while queuing into a game I got the message Banned: Banned (very informative btw).

Using proton experimental and gamemode. created a new account and played some games without a problem. 

What is happening?

Message 46 of 494 (2,217 Views)

★★★ Novice

I got banned on the 23rd, I don't know if anyone got banned as early as me. I received the email while I was sleeping, pc turned off. I also checked the login history and there's no sign of hacking on my account.

I play on Steam on Arch linux with gamemode and Proton-GE

no mangohud, no vkbasalt, no latencyflex

these are my launch options:
gamemoderun %command% -dev -high -preload -eac_launcher_settings SettingsDX12.json +fps_max 0

Message 47 of 494 (2,164 Views)

Community Manager
Thank you for the posts. I have passed this on, but I don't have any more detail for now.

We will of course share what we have when we do get an update, and we may reach out to some individuals for specific info/logs and such.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 48 of 494 (2,158 Views)

★★★ Newbie

In fact there's a lot of Chinese players were banned yesterday,about half of them just play in the Chinese internet cafe.But Im playing in the Eu,I just update the game after 5-month-afk and play 2 fast game(lose fast) and get banned XDDD UNTILL now I haven't get a mail about the ban

Message 49 of 494 (2,125 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_David Thanks so much for looking into this! I've got system logs from my last apex session if this is useful info to you.
Message 50 of 494 (2,096 Views)