Linking my EA Sports account with my Xbox account

by WORDIEWORDMAN22

Original Post

Re: Linking my EA Sports account with my Xbox account

★★★ Newbie
@WORDIEWORDMAN22 SAME WITH MADDEN! I CANT PLAY NOTHING! EA has been tripping. i guess if you're not a pro gamer they dont care . mine hasn't been fixed since august .
Message 11 of 14 (379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Here is the resolution of my version of this issue. YMMV

I didnt buy an Xbox after the 360 until the Series X. I hadnt used my old EA account I linked to XBOX Live since then. I mean lots of games didnt require online access and at some point I didnt play an EA game even on PC for a couple of years or something. I dont play sports games so... *shrug* dont @ me.

Anyway, Essentially I had TWO EA accounts linked to my Xbox account. A new one linked to the modern Xbox online experience, and an old one (I forgot about) linked to my LIVE account. That old EA account was "Deleted" due to inactivity. Thats how the EA reps who, I'm just saying, dont have a great understanding of the english language, describe it. The account is in fact "dormant" not "deleted". Hence the "Expired Credentials" thing. (The language barrier on the word delete by itself took a day in EA support chats) If you can remember the email and log in, you can recover it, and they say (who knows for sure) they can even merge them. But they cant see ANY info for "deleted" accounts and Microsoft cant see what accounts you have linked or anything about them period. And None of them could even figure out I had two accounts linked. I had to figure that part out. It's like, really?!

I confirmed I had two accounts linked because if you go to https://account.live.com/consent/manage - I could see what I later found out was my newer EA account. I removed it. I contacted EA, and they could still see that my MS account had a EA account linked to it and I still got the expired credentials from the MS side. So parts of the old Live system are separate from the new experience and/or the EA backend cant differentiate, either way. I believe its clearly both. I have no idea what the old email is, I;ve personally had like 20, hopefully you haven't. So I had to have the EA reps remove the link to the old EA account from thier end before I could link to the newer EA account and it would work and hen I could actually play EA games on my xbox and I just lost everything on my old account and no [Edit, do not evade the profanity filter - Admin.] were given. Well, MS "seemed" sad about it but alot of good that did.

FYI- NEVER use EA email support. They dont understand anything and just cant even basically function and every reply is a completely new person who is now completely clueless. They dont even read the emails. It's completely useless, just like my ex. You need to do this instead (and yes I know this looks technically wrong, but it will get you to a much more capable live human, though I wouldnt go expecting the Neil Degrasse Tyson or Carl Sagan of tech support either, its just barely adequate):

Visit https://help.ea.com/in/contact-us/new/

2. Select Origin.
3. Select PC.
4. Select topic as ""Manage my account"" and issue ""Reset password"".
5. Click Contact Option at the bottom of the screen.
6. Scroll to Other Support Options and click on the +.
7. Write down your subject and click Request Live Chat.

Maybe not everyones issue is this issue, but I get the feeling it might be many of you.
If this does help you? Thank a girl for getting into gaming, cause one just helped you. Youre welcome.

Message 12 of 14 (203 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_BarryEvade? I didnt even know it existed. I can edit the reply to say that EA didnt care about me losing all my past progress in plain english. I dont mind.

Message 13 of 14 (155 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did they solve ur problem. i have the same issue

Message 14 of 14 (101 Views)