Linking my EA Sports account with my Xbox account

by WORDIEWORDMAN22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Linking my EA Sports account with my Xbox account

★★★ Newbie

When I try to play Apex Legend on my Xbox Series X I keep on getting an error. It states that I have to reset my EA Sports password. Once I do that it continues to tell me to reset my password. When I log into EA Sports and try to link my Xbox account with the EA Sports server it doesn't allow me to. All the other gaming platforms pull up another browser to allow me to input my gamer tag name/username and password for that consul. Yet for the Xbox platform it does not. It tells me to reset my EA Sports password again. EA Sports will have to go into their internet browser and have their technical advisors fix this discrepancy. Until than I will not be bale to play any games that I have to connect my EA Sports account with on my Xbox Series X.  

Message 1 of 14 (11,362 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Linking my EA Sports account with my Xbox account

Community Manager

Hey @WORDIEWORDMAN22,

If you've already reset your EA Account password here but are still seeing that message, your account may need some additional verification to get this cleared up.

Please contact support directly so they can take a look, as we're unable to make any changes via the forums.

If you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (11,335 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @WORDIEWORDMAN22,

If you've already reset your EA Account password here but are still seeing that message, your account may need some additional verification to get this cleared up.

Please contact support directly so they can take a look, as we're unable to make any changes via the forums.

If you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 14 (11,336 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@WORDIEWORDMAN22 Any word on this yet? I’m having the same issue
Message 3 of 14 (11,199 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What i think is funny is this person says they are a manager yet my wife was on the phone with EA today for over 6 hours and got nowhere. So i dont think you know what youre doing.

Message 4 of 14 (10,780 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I haven't heard anything yet. I even tried reaching out on Facebook and Instagram with no response.

Message 5 of 14 (10,754 Views)

★★ Novice

Here's what I have learned: if your EA account and Xbox (and in reality, you're entire Microsoft account) don't have the same email, they wont auto connect. Sometimes they still wont and that's a whole other issue you need to reach out to actual support about. I have a special email for all gaming stuff, so my MS/XBOX account isn't on that email because I use my MS account for a lot more than just gaming.

Anyway, if you read this page: 

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/link-your-console-accounts/#how-to

You'll find that what is "in between the lines" what they don't say but very subtly refer to, is that if your emails don't match, there is no way to initiate a connection otherwise. It just wont work. So basically EA has required that they match and has decided not to offer an alternative in which you can tell EA, "hey, this [edit: email address removed]" is my MS/XBOX account, or vice versa, tell MS/XBOX, "Hey, this [edit: email address removed]" is my EA account. 

What does happen is XBOX will just come up and tell your password is bad. But what is really happening is it tried to pass forward your MS/XBOX email in an attempt to connect to your EA account and whomever coded this nonsense didn't bother to be thorough or care about the end user. It just says the password is bad regardless of whether it can even find a matching account. N option to sign into your actual account, etc.

I've tried everything I can think of and I'm down to having to change either my EA account email or my MS/XBOX email which is doable but not preferable, annoying, and messes up my life organization. Something I'm rather meticulous and ocd about. 

Message 6 of 14 (10,657 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Matching my email didnt work either. Also FOund this thread but the settings don't really translate from Xbox One.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Need-for-Speed-Games/Console-Troubleshooting/m-p/4908815/highlight/t...

Whats important in this link is this:
(BECAUSE: Right after I get the screen about resetting my password, it fails (even if I do reset, i have been down that road multiple ways) but after the password screen I get a black box with error code: 00000002 and it says "You require an EA account to access the online features of this game")
Thats middle error listed in this 2015 AHQ thread on this issue.

Does anyone else get the EA Error Code window after the password bit?

PRIVACY, ONLINE AND ACCOUNT SETTINGS

This troubleshooting applies to you if you experience any of the below:

• This account does not meet the minimum requirements
  • You require an EA account to access the online features of this game
  • Unable to access Wraps or Community Content

You will have to change settings to allow online gameplay and sharing via the Privacy & Online Safety menu on your console. The below pictures detail how to change privacy settings on an Xbox One. Make sure that Anything and Everybody is selected:

1asdasdasdasdasge.PNG

2-64632918-4a6e-49b8-adf2-3ca6c3aade10.png

Message 7 of 14 (10,557 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

EA needs to be held accountable for this. I have spent money on literally unplayable games. This is the most atrocious display of app accessibility I have ever seen in any product across every single business ever made. 

Message 8 of 14 (7,883 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Their support is an absolute joke. Wasted over 30 minutes answering questions and don't even get my account back, the absolute garbage thing about the EA app set up and their system in general is, when i try to log in with the xbox option I don't even get a log in screen i just get sent to reset my password, type in my xbox email, get told "We couldn’t find your EA Account." They need to fix their stuff and get it together. According to my xbox account it's not linked to an EA account, according to EA my xbox account is linked to an EA account. The App on xbox does it's connecting then is just a purple screen and basically freezes, so every way i have tried to get my xbox and EA accounts to talk to each other today has been utterly useless. 

Message 9 of 14 (7,541 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@thatonehoppa Cant even find a trace of my xbox account, my account has been hacked so when I try to play online on xbox any ea game it says not been on for a while and lets send an email to to a russian email address, even though im in the uk, its a joke and it s the 2nd time my account has been hacked, why can't in xbox we can unlink from ea and the hacked email address and reestablish the correct one that is associated with my xbox account, its a joke
Message 10 of 14 (7,123 Views)