Re: Link A Device Is Missing from Settings on IOS

by ChristophIV

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Link A Device Is Missing from Settings on IOS

★ Novice

When I try to link my SWGoH account to Facebook, the option is not available in Settings. Chat is also missing. I have tried reinstalling and disconnecting from Game Center, but the guest account also doesn't include this option. Is this a known bug?

Message 1 of 8 (512 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

@brigade4407 The instructions for official route for changing an age on an account can be found in the forum post below. It's under the "Spoiler" button under the Changes sub-heading: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/221219/content-update-12-18-2019

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (458 Views)

All Replies

@brigade4407 Sounds like you have an underage account. These have no access to the link function or in-game chat.

Message 2 of 8 (484 Views)

★ Novice

@ChristophIV thanks for the reply!  Do you know how to correct this?  I engaged EA Technical Support via Web Chat and they weren't familiar with this issue.

Message 3 of 8 (475 Views)
Highlighted

@brigade4407 The instructions for official route for changing an age on an account can be found in the forum post below. It's under the "Spoiler" button under the Changes sub-heading: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/221219/content-update-12-18-2019

Message 4 of 8 (459 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you very much @ChristophIV.  EA Technical Support was finally able to get my account age corrected.  I had to send them a form of ID (drivers license) to do it.

Message 5 of 8 (438 Views)

@brigade4407 Do you now have access to chat and Link functions?

Message 6 of 8 (435 Views)

★ Novice

@ChristophIV Yes sir, I do now.  Thank you again for your guidance with this issue.  To me, the most important part of this was to open the ticket by using the in-game Help button.  When that cross-launches your device's browser, apparently it includes additional game details within the case so Tech Support can locate your account.  I ended up having to create multiple cases so they could find my account (even though I always included my Player ID).

Message 7 of 8 (430 Views)

@brigade4407 Sorry it was such a hassle. Glad to hear you are all sorted.

Message 8 of 8 (428 Views)